What do you think of Chester Taylor? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What do you think of Chester Taylor?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What do you think of Chester Taylor?

Postby tadinator » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:37 pm

I know if Jamal is healthy he's the man no question. But he's recently admitted the bone spur is a result of his earlier ankle injury and that's gotta make you wonder . Bone spurs hurt, and he's a big boy. I think he may miss week 1 at least. Baltimore plays the Colts.

Is Chester a capable fill-in? He's looked great the times I've watched him but I don't know a whole lot about him.
tadinator
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Interstorm » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:11 pm

mark my words - chester taylor is one good opportunity away from being a pretty big name in the NFL.

reasons:

college ball in toledo. he singlehandedly powered his team - was an absolute monster. one of the best college games i saw was a marshall/toledo bowl game where him and leftwhich were just gunning back and forth - it was like they were the only two people out there and they were playing their hearts out.

the times he has filled in for jamal have been, in one word, outstanding. he can run, he can block, he can catch the ball. he doesn't appear to have top end speed, yet he is hard to tackle and makes people miss. trung candidate was fast. he also sucks. the best RB's aren't always the fastest.

finally, and in my opinion, the most overlooked yet most important. when phil savage went to be the GM in cleveland (where they already had lee suggs and william green), one of the first moves he did was to try and sign taylor. they offered him a hefty contract (for a backup) - one that he signed. this tells you that savage, who headed up the scouting department in baltimore, knows something about him. to finish this off, the ravens matched the offer and retained him. this also tell you that ozzie newsome knows this too. when the 'behind the scenes' guys who have dealt with him are fighting each other for him -- that can ONLY be a really good sign.

...if you are in a keeper league, GET taylor. he'll be starting somewhere soon (i believe the contract was for 1 year). also, isn't jamal a free agent after this year? if so - maybe jamal moves on...not taylor (maybe).
Interstorm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Azrael » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:41 pm

Taylor is a gem sitting behind a stud RB. He's got the body and speed to be a feature back. If he evers signs a FA deal with a team with a good offense, you've got yourself an instant machine.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Paladyr » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:53 pm

Defintely agree. Everytime he plays he does well.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:25 pm

I agree, I own him in both keeper leagues I'm in as well as my dynasty league and I don't own Jamal in any of them. I just like his potential and figure he's a better value on my bench than a 5th or 6th WR.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: What do you think of Chester Taylor?

Postby Tbones » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:34 pm

tadinator wrote:I know if Jamal is healthy he's the man no question. But he's recently admitted the bone spur is a result of his earlier ankle injury and that's gotta make you wonder . Bone spurs hurt, and he's a big boy. I think he may miss week 1 at least. Baltimore plays the Colts.

Is Chester a capable fill-in? He's looked great the times I've watched him but I don't know a whole lot about him.

i was not arare Lewis might miss week 1, is this true?
Tbones
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Azrael » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:11 pm

Yes, I believe Taylor has been declared the starter for week 1.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:13 pm

jamal will play week 1, but im sure he will share the load with taylor.

taylor is an absolute beast....ive been preaching this for a long time but no one really paid any attention until he starting ripping off big runs this pre season.

ill say what ive said before...with jamals contract up next season, and the fact that they have some other major guys to worry about signing (reed being the biggest), i wouldnt be surprised to see jamal leave the ravens and chester becoming the man there.

i dont see it as being that far fetched considering he would be much cheaper and they made a pretty bold statement by matching the browns offer this year of 3 mil for 1 year just to keep him around.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Teh Jury » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:54 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:jamal will play week 1, but im sure he will share the load with taylor.

taylor is an absolute beast....ive been preaching this for a long time but no one really paid any attention until he starting ripping off big runs this pre season.

ill say what ive said before...with jamals contract up next season, and the fact that they have some other major guys to worry about signing (reed being the biggest), i wouldnt be surprised to see jamal leave the ravens and chester becoming the man there.

i dont see it as being that far fetched considering he would be much cheaper and they made a pretty bold statement by matching the browns offer this year of 3 mil for 1 year just to keep him around.

On the flip side, with Jamal's contract up after his season, do you see him putting in one last hurrah in his Ravens tenure this year? I got him with my first pick.
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Nittany17 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:55 pm

I agree with many of the previous posts ... Taylor is a stud in waiting. I am planning on grabbing him in my keeper league and hope he gets an opportunity soon.
Nittany17
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk