What do you think of Chester Taylor? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What do you think of Chester Taylor?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bertfinsfan » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:43 pm

Could he be following in the Priest's footsteps?
bertfinsfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benm3218 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:05 pm

I got him in round 16 of 23 and also play in a keeper league.
Very happy I got him that late too. Could be fantastic sleeper.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Members Only Jackets » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:23 pm

But where would he play next season?
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:29 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:taylor is an absolute beast....ive been preaching this for a long time but no one really paid any attention until he starting ripping off big runs this pre season.

I have seen nothing of his play this exhibition season, not that I'd put too much stock into it, but it seems to me that the biggest drawback to Chester's career is that he can't get you the tough yards consistantly. Even in college he was a guy would have 8 carries for 17 yard then take a long run to the house.

Has that changed? Is he learning how to read and wait on blocks?
He is one exciting player and a handcuff if you own Lewis.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Interstorm » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:58 am

moochman wrote:I have seen nothing of his play this exhibition season, not that I'd put too much stock into it, but it seems to me that the biggest drawback to Chester's career is that he can't get you the tough yards consistantly. Even in college he was a guy would have 8 carries for 17 yard then take a long run to the house.

i don't agree with that assessment (for both college and NFL). he has always gotten the yardage he 'needs' and, quite often, more.
Interstorm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dynastyzcbizzie21 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:37 am

Interstorm wrote:
the times he has filled in for jamal have been, in one word, outstanding. he can run, he can block, he can catch the ball. he doesn't appear to have top end speed, yet he is hard to tackle and makes people miss. trung candidate was fast. he also sucks. the best RB's aren't always the fastest.

This assessment looks to be dead on except for one topic-his blocking. He has been absolutely run over by defenders on more than one occasion this preseason and has been a contributing factor in the lack of protection for Boller. Just like people argue for/against Arrington and other backs who can't block at an NFL level, it is a problem that needs to be worked on.
dynastyzcbizzie21
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Paladyr » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:55 pm

dynastyzcbizzie21 wrote:
Interstorm wrote:
the times he has filled in for jamal have been, in one word, outstanding. he can run, he can block, he can catch the ball. he doesn't appear to have top end speed, yet he is hard to tackle and makes people miss. trung candidate was fast. he also sucks. the best RB's aren't always the fastest.

This assessment looks to be dead on except for one topic-his blocking. He has been absolutely run over by defenders on more than one occasion this preseason and has been a contributing factor in the lack of protection for Boller. Just like people argue for/against Arrington and other backs who can't block at an NFL level, it is a problem that needs to be worked on.

i've heard the same as well about his blocking.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Interstorm » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:07 pm

well, maybe the games i caught he just ate his wheaties.

either way, though, highly impressed by him (even in college at toledo) and the fact that phil savage (former baltimore head of scouting who drafted taylor) and ozzie newsome (current baltimore GM who also drafted taylor) were fighting over him really is a telling story.
Interstorm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby PACKman1144 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:03 pm

dynastyzcbizzie21 wrote:
Interstorm wrote:

yup, and that's why he's not going to get more PT this year to give Jamal a break. If he comes in we gotta run, otherwise Boller's gonna be on his wazoo
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby skibrett15 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:34 pm

he could go to cleveland who after this year will probably be back at the drawing board again. He could go to Pittsburgh which would be an ideal situation if bettis leaves and duce might as well. Edge will be gone, other guys will leave that we can't predict as well.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk