Antonio Bryant - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Antonio Bryant

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:51 pm

Perfect example of what a change of scenery can do for you. He's supposedly hit it off real well with Crennel as well as Dilfer. I don't think it's a stretch at all to see him go over 1000 yds. and 7 TDs this year. Even in the future, he and Edwards may end up 1 and 1a.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:33 pm

Big time steal. Definitely the best WR in Cleveland, for what it's worth.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:56 pm

When they played the Lions a couple weeks ago, Antonio was easily the best Brownie WR out there. I think he's a great late round pick up. Real good potential, and almost as importantly someone you won't have a hard time dumping if he gets off to a poor start.

For example, call him Dainty Stallworth and I can't drop him because I know he'll have one or two weeks of >100 yds and a TD or two.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby spodog » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:36 pm

Interstorm wrote:ummm - i'm from cleveland and your cleveland sources are wrong...

(by the way, i watch 16 browns games a year)

My sympathies to you or to anyone that has to watch 16 Browns games in a single year.

Roy Hewitt was (is) my "Cleveland Source", by the way.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Daddymike59 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:59 pm

benm3218 wrote:Bryant stinks bad.

Is this straight from the towel boy's mouth or do you have a link? :-t

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Interstorm » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:01 pm

he must not be reading his own paper then. is he still with the plain dealer?

believe me - all of the rave in cleveland is about antonio. he has even looked like the best player out there in virtually every preseason game. he's gonna be great this year (of course, 'great' for a brownie probably translates into different things. it means 'pretty good' for a denver/tennessee/carolina player; an 'ehhh' for a minnesota/kc/philly player; and a 'uhhhh' for an indy/st. louis player).

yes, being a browns fan is horrible...but, hey, that's what sports are all about. i'm in new jersey now - hate all of the yankees fans around here that popped up in the mid 90's when they got good again. seems like the sox/pats fans are creeping out of the woodwork too like termites. i don't like rooting for goliath - and, unless you've been a fan of them for a while, i don't see how people love to watch patriots or yankees games (sorry for straying a bit outside football. don't kill me). in the browns, i have the ultimate underdawg...

besides - they weren't always so bad. i remember watching them under kosar when marty was there. really good team; webster slaughter, reggie langhorn, cocaine-kevin mack and eric metcalf. i still hate elway, although i guess he and denver took some beatings that cleveland would have had to suffer through had byner held on to the ball when running into the endzone.

oh the humanity :~(
Interstorm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ateam » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:19 pm

I agree that Bryant has great potential this year and that he is a deep unheralded sleeper.

In my very deep 14 team draft (where we start 5 WRs), I stole him in round 13 with 179th pick!

;-D
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jwbseven » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:39 pm

Dude,

He is going to be strong for Cleveland. They are going to get the tar beat out of them most games and it will be three flies up...
To achieve the ultimate reward you must be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice
jwbseven
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kilroy » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:18 am

Interstorm wrote:he must not be reading his own paper then. is he still with the plain dealer?

believe me - all of the rave in cleveland is about antonio. he has even looked like the best player out there in virtually every preseason game. he's gonna be great this year (of course, 'great' for a brownie probably translates into different things. it means 'pretty good' for a denver/tennessee/carolina player; an 'ehhh' for a minnesota/kc/philly player; and a 'uhhhh' for an indy/st. louis player).

yes, being a browns fan is horrible...but, hey, that's what sports are all about. i'm in new jersey now - hate all of the yankees fans around here that popped up in the mid 90's when they got good again. seems like the sox/pats fans are creeping out of the woodwork too like termites. i don't like rooting for goliath - and, unless you've been a fan of them for a while, i don't see how people love to watch patriots or yankees games (sorry for straying a bit outside football. don't kill me). in the browns, i have the ultimate underdawg...

besides - they weren't always so bad. i remember watching them under kosar when marty was there. really good team; webster slaughter, reggie langhorn, cocaine-kevin mack and eric metcalf. i still hate elway, although i guess he and denver took some beatings that cleveland would have had to suffer through had byner held on to the ball when running into the endzone.

oh the humanity :~(

Oh man, why must you bring up "The Fumble"? :~(

You remember the Double-Overtime Playoff Game against the Jets? People can say whatever they want, but Bernie Kosar was a HELLUVA Quarterback.

From another Displaced (AZ) Browns Fan.... ;-D

God Bless the Gulf Coast.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:55 am

I'd start Bryant when he plays Green Bay and Detroit this year. Other than that, I wouldn't want to risk a zero in the box score. You can't rely on a Cleveland WR to start for your the majority of the season, c'mon now.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk