Steven Jackson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Steven Jackson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:40 pm

I'm in the same situation. I've got McGahee, Domanick Davis, Mike Anderson, and Steven Jackson as my RBs in one of my leagues. I'm hoping to see SJax or Mike Anderson have a couple big games and trade them for some WRs to replace my starters, Clayton and Coles.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bobby Baseball » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:11 pm

I am of the belief that he will actually be helped by being spelled by Marshall Faulk. If you saw him Monday night (Jackson), every time he came out for a breather and Faulk came in, he came back fully charged and ran very hard. Faulk will help to keep Jackson fresh and able to play his smashmouth style. This will keep Jackson from wearing down in the 4th quarter or in the late season fantasy playoff weeks. He will do enough with his 20 carries to make up for the 5-10 that Faulk will take away.
Bobby Baseball
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bellybrother » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:25 pm

Guy in my local live draft loved him. Picked him with the 1st pick of the 2nd rd......I don't know about all that, but he has looked good. As stated earlier, it would seem that his year will depend on how many times Martz gives him the ball.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bagobonez » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:02 am

M_Zimm_ffc wrote:I'm in the same situation. I've got McGahee, Domanick Davis, Mike Anderson, and Steven Jackson as my RBs in one of my leagues. I'm hoping to see SJax or Mike Anderson have a couple big games and trade them for some WRs to replace my starters, Clayton and Coles.

yeah, you could definiltey stand an upgrade at WR. Don't wait too long on Mike Anderson.. you know how fickle Shanahan is. As soon as Anderson has one big game, deal him.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ricky_Christ » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:42 am

I think he's an absolute steal as a #3 RB, but I'd be wary taking him as my primary #2 guy for the season. No matter what's been said, Martz is Martz, he loves the big plays & he loves to pass.

For where he's going ADP, I think Jackson is a great pickup though.

PS: RedskinsWin, what's with that frog? That really cracks me up, just wondering if there's a story behind that.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby macca » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:33 am

STLCover2 wrote:
macca wrote: Faulk will not factor into it. I see him getting around 5 touches a game, as mostly lined up out wide. He is no different than any other back who comes in to give the starter a down or two off.

I don't think this reflects an accurate understanding of Faulk's place on the Rams or his ability to contribute to this team. If Faulk is around in Rds. 6 or 7 of my draft I'm taking him. The man, for once, didn't have to get offseason surgery and could therefore workout. He's in better shape than he's been in years and looks great on the field. Just this preseason I've seen him leave linebackers with their pants around their ankles in the open field several times.

Faulk will have a solid role in the Rams offense this year and will limit the production of SJ.

I appreciate that you are a Rams supporter and probably know alot about the team. That being said, I had Faulk last year and watched every one of their games. He was healthy at the beginning of last year as well, at least he said, and he didn't do anything. Faulk himself recognizes that he can't do it any more. He has even said as much. With all due respect, I think you may be expecting more out of Faulk than even he thinks he can provide. Yes, he probably did blow by a linebacker, but he could do that last year also. He has to be able to do that or he would be worthless as an NFL RB. I don't know many NFL RBS who CAN'T leave most LBs in the dust. Faulk will be nothing more than someone who will come in to give Jackson a rest. He will touch the ball around 5 times a game if Jackson stays healthy. Like I said, I know they are your team, but I've watched every game of theres last year and I know a broken down RB when I see one. Faulk just doesn't have anything left in the tank to be more than a spell for Jackson. Jackson will have over 300+ carries this year if he plays all 16 games.
macca
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk