shaun alexander - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

shaun alexander

Moderator: Football Moderators

shaun alexander

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:04 pm

i just made a trade.....i got alexander/harrison for ricky/rice.....how much of a drop off should i expect from alexander as compared to ricky....i kow i made out like a bandit on the rice for harrison but what should i think about the other part?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby yoda83 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:35 pm

as of right now, i think you got the better of that trade, depending on your scoring. yeah, you got him/her on the harrison-rice part. and the WR gap here is wider than the RB gap. the distance between ricky and shaun will narrow this year, as alexander is the only one of the four who should improve on last year's numbers.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby pawnking » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:18 pm

YOu shuold be arrested for highway robbery!!

Trading the number one RB and a middling WR for the number one WR and the number 4 or 5 RB is criminal! Congrats, man. SA is a great player who doesn't get the props that RW gets because he plays in Seattle. This isn't the most one sided trade I've ever seen, but it's up there. SA shuld end up with close to 2000 all purpose yards vs maybe 2300 or 2400 for RW, and about as many TDs. WOW!!
pawnking

Friendliness: %

Postby SinCity » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:44 pm

What you will be losing is the yard that most people think that Williams will get over Henry. Td's will be close, and travis isnt' as good a WR as Williams. Henry might fumble a little more too. Harrison's catches should make up for that. Ya never know Henry might bust out big this year too. Good trade. ;-D
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby yoda83 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:50 pm

sin, im not followin ya. henry?
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: shaun alexander

Postby terpfan » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:02 pm

Anonymous wrote:i just made a trade.....i got alexander/harrison for ricky/rice.....how much of a drop off should i expect from alexander as compared to ricky....i kow i made out like a bandit on the rice for harrison but what should i think about the other part?

the drop from harrison to rice is larger... dont worry about losing ricky, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. ;-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:27 pm

Yeah, you definitely won this one. ;-D

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk