Marcus Pollard - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marcus Pollard

Moderator: Football Moderators

Marcus Pollard

Postby The Guru » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:48 pm

Last year Pollard was forced to stay in and block alot b/c the team didn't have a viable #2 TE. Once the Colts drafted a TE (Dallas Clark) in the first rd I was thinking Pollard's #'s would be back to his 2001 #'s.

In there last preseason game Dallas Clark looked very impressive in the passing game catching 3 or 4 passes and a touchdown. Is Clark going to cut into Pollard's #'s this year? Will his #'s be similiar to last year or what he had in 2001?
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Gatekeeper » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:16 pm

I was about to post a very similar question..if not word for word. I honestly think Dallas Clark will have an impact on Pollard's numbers. Clark is much more of a pass-catching tight end than Dilger was. He also doesnt have Dilger's size to stay in and block. I know he's built like a brick but I think he's like barely 6 feet tall...if that. Plus I have heard that they plan on lining him up in the backfield on occasion which gives him other pass-catching options as a checkdown. I'm concerned myself but would love to see some other opinions as I am hesitant to let preseason stats sway my opinion. If preseason performances portrayed season-long stats than Keith Elias would have been a stud back for years.
The keeper will never let you pass!!!
The Gatekeeper
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Dallas Clark

Postby NFLknowitall » Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:28 pm

It looks like Dallas Clark will be used all over the field. If you've had the chance to watch the Colts Preseason games he has lined up as a TE, a FB and even at a slot receiver. He will be everywhere and they will use him to create mismatches against linebackers. Dallas is 6'2"+ and 253lbs. runs pretty quick in the open field. Isn't the most fluid fellow though. Anyway, I expect Dallas to be the Colts #1 tightend after this year. Pollard owners "Buyer Beware".
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby yoda83 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:02 pm

yeah, pollard was hatin it last year, having to do all that blocking. made him appreciate what dilger brought to the table. and i remember an early interview w/ marcus this year where he expressed his excitement over dallas clark...b/c he figured clark would be filling dilger's blocking role.

judging from the preseason, it doesnt look like that's going to be the case. the colts are doing things w/ clark in this offense (and not just seal blocking and pulling). this will definitely be a source of tension all year, if it isnt already. pollard's numbers WILL take a hit. pollard's gonna be pissed. pollard may end up #2 on the depth by season's end.

beware of drafting marcus too early.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby speedbreed » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:41 pm

Now you guys got me thinking!

I drafted Pollard and have him as my starter. But I also drafted Billy Miller as my back up. Should I start Billy Miller right off the bat or should I wait and see if what you say is true?

Damn you Clark! DAMN YOU! (j/k)

;-D
To be part of the breed, you must 1st have the Speed.
speedbreed
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby speedbreed » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:44 pm

Sorry about posting it in this forum, I kinda got carried away and asked and forgot the forum that it was in.

;-D
To be part of the breed, you must 1st have the Speed.
speedbreed
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk