Nate Burelson or Anquan Boldin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Nate Burelson or Anquan Boldin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Nate Burelson or Anquan Boldin

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:19 am

Both have some risks but they also have tremendous upside as well. Boldin was great in his rookie year and was on pace for another 90 catch 1000 yard year last year when he played, even though he was coming off of an injury.

Burelson was great opposite Moss but who knows if he can handle the pressure of being a number 1. We've already seen guys like Peerless Price succeed as a number 2 and crash and burn as a number 1 (even though this is a different situation with Vick<Culpepper).

In a league that would count receptions as .5, who is a more valuable player? Who is going to be the more consistent threat on a week to week basis?
QB- M. Vick
WR- J. Jones, M. Colston
RB- R. Rice, J. Charles
TE- A. Hernandez
FLEX- D. McFadden, F. Jackson
K- G. Zuerlein
DEF- Miami

B- T. Romo, J. Kerley, K. Hunter, V. Ballard, D. Thomas, B. Myers, S. Suisham
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:21 am

I feel Burleson is going to be a top 10 reciever this year. I have Bolden closer to high teens-20th best reciever.

I say Burleson hands down with the yards minny puts up.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby black_hawk8888 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:21 am

It is very simple:

Burleson will score TDs and Boldin won't.

Or like this:

Culpepper = 5 x Warner

Boldin should have a similar amount of catches and yards but is not a primary red zone target and Warner is extremely inferior to Culpepper in fantasy production.
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:24 am

on teams like minny, GB, washington, etc. there really isn't a clear cut number 1 therefore that assumption that burleson is a #1 is crazy and the same for Boldin. Will they have decent seasons I think so, but the likes of Larry Fitz and Travis Taylor will certainly see their share of receptions. So take the #1 tag with a grain of salt, after all Donald Driver was the #1 in GB last season. but i digress,
I like Burlesson with C-pep dishing him the rock.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chadschwarze2 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:26 am

I would go with Burleson. Hes t the clear #1 in Minnesota(Anquan has to compete with Fitz). And you got C-Pepp and Warner and I think you know who is better there. I think anquan might be the better player but Burleson has the much better QB and no competition.
Thanks For The Awesome Sig FFGuru13
chadschwarze2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:14 am

Boldin is severly underrated in any leagues that count points for receptions. This guy is the prototypical reception WR. Nate Burleson I see as more of a big play guy..

Could go for either player, I think Boldin could post as many as 20-30 more receptions than Burleson though. Pretty neck and neck in my book... I probably go with Boldin though, because he always blows up against NFC West opponents. Just like Torry Holt always blows up at home. Pretty predictable player in that respect.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:28 am

Kensat30 wrote:Boldin is severly underrated in any leagues that count points for receptions. This guy is the prototypical reception WR. Nate Burleson I see as more of a big play guy..

Burleson will catch alot of balls this year. He does hold the NCAA record for catches in a season. He's more of a catch and run guy than a homerun threat. I could see him grabbing 90 - 100 balls this year.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:40 am

Burleson IS the #1 receiver which means that the opposing team's #1 corner will be on him every game. That may lead C-Pep to spread the ball around a lot more.

Whereas, Fitz might draw that shutdown corner leaving Boldin open for many passes and the run after the catch.

I favor Boldin but I'd be happy with either.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby maddog60 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:41 pm

I like Burleson a lot more. His QB is better, he's got less competition for the #1 role, and his performance in the pre-season has been comforting for anyone who will need to rely on him. Do I see him being top 10 WR this year? No. top 15? Maybe. Top 20? Definitely. However, I don't see Boldin scoring more points than Fitzgerald, so unless you're banking on Warner to look like he did in his St. Louis days, I'd go with Burleson.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby spodog » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:30 pm

Culpepper loves Burleson. He has a great attitude, knows the playbook, and a marginal to non-existent ego. Huge diff from Moss. Look for Burleson to go 12 TD's or more this year.

Boldin is playing in a very crowded WR field now on a team that still sucks with a washed up QB.

Your call.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk