Nate Burelson or Anquan Boldin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Nate Burelson or Anquan Boldin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby spodog » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:30 pm

Culpepper loves Burleson. He has a great attitude, knows the playbook, and a marginal to non-existent ego. Huge diff from Moss. Look for Burleson to go 12 TD's or more this year.

Boldin is playing in a very crowded WR field now on a team that still sucks with a washed up QB.

Your call.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:27 pm

Burlson is #1 with Daunte. Boldin is number 2 with Warner. I'd go with Daunte.
chadlincoln
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PACKman1144 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:28 pm

Gotta take Burleson here. He is ina greatsituation for a reciever and shouldput up very stong numbers. Remember even when Moss was out last year he was putting up great numbers... he'll probaly do the same.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Interstorm » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:30 pm

i'd sooner have nate too...but i wouldn't discount boldin at all (he is going VERY low overall). also, i wouldn't be surprised to see him post better numbers that fitz...but we'll see.
Interstorm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mikus » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:22 pm

i think boldin is underrated and undervalued, but i believe burleson has a better situation going in minny. it's a simple as what QB you would want on your team, warner or culpepper. gotta go with the culpepper-to-burleson combo this year. but boldin is a top 20, maybe top 15 WR.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby cordscords » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:28 pm

Boldin by a nose
cordscords
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadScott » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:48 pm

I'm liking Burleson this year over Boldin. PPR would possibly tighten things up but Burleson looks to me like an entirely new, better WR than he even did last year. I also see Culpepper and his steadiness that he brings to the position as being a huge plus over a pretty big question mark in Warner.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:10 pm

i dont see how the two can really be compared. First lets look at the qbs Daunte Culpepper or Kurt "washed up" warner?? Next lets look at the competion for receptions. In Arizona Boldin will be splitting receptions with Fitzgerald who Kurt has said good thinkgs about this pre season. In Minnesota. Burleson is the unquestioned starting wr. Although he does have a tough playoff schuedle Burleson will prove to be the better fantasy option.

Boldin is severly underrated in any leagues that count points for receptions. This guy is the prototypical reception

would you like to explain how you have come to this conclusion?? i dont see how boldin will get more catches with Fitz on the other side.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby tharris » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:55 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Boldin is severly underrated in any leagues that count points for receptions. This guy is the prototypical reception WR. Nate Burleson I see as more of a big play guy..

Could go for either player, I think Boldin could post as many as 20-30 more receptions than Burleson though. Pretty neck and neck in my book... I probably go with Boldin though, because he always blows up against NFC West opponents. Just like Torry Holt always blows up at home. Pretty predictable player in that respect.

What's your projected stats for them? I have them like this (rankings based on 10yds/6pt TDs/1pt per rec):

#9 Burleson 1200/80/10
#20 Boldin 1000/80/7

I'd actually be VERY interested to see your WR projections because I believe your QB and RB projections that you posted were among the best I've seen.
tharris
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:03 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:i dont see how the two can really be compared. First lets look at the qbs Daunte Culpepper or Kurt "washed up" warner?? Next lets look at the competion for receptions. In Arizona Boldin will be splitting receptions with Fitzgerald who Kurt has said good thinkgs about this pre season. In Minnesota. Burleson is the unquestioned starting wr. Although he does have a tough playoff schuedle Burleson will prove to be the better fantasy option.

Boldin is severly underrated in any leagues that count points for receptions. This guy is the prototypical reception

would you like to explain how you have come to this conclusion?? i dont see how boldin will get more catches with Fitz on the other side.

Because Boldin won't drop the ball like Fitz does! In that last preseason game I saw Fitz drop two balls thrown at him in one quarter of the game. That is not the way you gain confidence with your QB.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk