Reggie Wayne - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reggie Wayne

Moderator: Football Moderators

Reggie Wayne

Postby Freebird27 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:17 pm

Is he going to take over as the Colts top producing WR this season? Can he be a Fantasy #1?
Freebird27
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby black_hawk8888 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:27 pm

His overall numbers will be (and were last year) #1-type production along the lines of a Chad Johnson, Javon Walker, Tory Holt. Maybe a few less catches and a few less yards but overall very comparable. The big difference between Wayne and the guys I just mentioned is consistency. His overall numbers are awesome but sometimes he got 10 catches, 180 yards, and 2 TDs in one week, while other weeks were 3 catch, 30 yard performances.

Sometimes a home run, sometimes a strikeout. You can never tell with a WR of Peyton Manning's........
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby Shea-bird » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:54 pm

i picked up R. Wayne as my no. 1 with the 11th pick of the third round followed directly by hines ward in 4th...by the end of the 3rd the top 5 guys were gone...
Shea-bird
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Interstorm » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:07 pm

NOPE!!!

NOPE!!!

NOPE!!!

Everyone seems very willing to say that Manning won't -- CAN'T -- put up numbers this year like he did last year. If you believe that, then you are also implicitly saying that overall, the WR corp won't put up the same numbers either (unless, for some reason, Indy runs a bunch of trick plays with WR's passing to each other or cuts out the TE plays completely). Anyway - all gimmicks aside, if manning passes for 10 less TD's, that is 10 less for the receivers. That'll be spread through a bunch of players...but, in my opinion, Wayne and Stoakley will lose the most.

To me, Reggie Wayne is rated WAYYYYYY TOO HIGH by so many people - I've seen him even listed in the top 10. Unless Manning repeats, or Harrison is injured, Wayne won't. He had a career year in 2004, and expecting that to happen again is absurd.
Interstorm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Freebird27 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:07 pm

I ended up going with Horn....the safer pick I think.....

I was in the same boat..... RB at 1 & 2 will leave ya scrambling for good WR help...thats for sure
Freebird27
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pdub » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:15 pm

Interstorm wrote:NOPE!!!

NOPE!!!

NOPE!!!

Everyone seems very willing to say that Manning won't -- CAN'T -- put up numbers this year like he did last year. If you believe that, then you are also implicitly saying that overall, the WR corp won't put up the same numbers either (unless, for some reason, Indy runs a bunch of trick plays with WR's passing to each other or cuts out the TE plays completely). Anyway - all gimmicks aside, if manning passes for 10 less TD's, that is 10 less for the receivers. That'll be spread through a bunch of players...but, in my opinion, Wayne and Stoakley will lose the most.

To me, Reggie Wayne is rated WAYYYYYY TOO HIGH by so many people - I've seen him even listed in the top 10. Unless Manning repeats, or Harrison is injured, Wayne won't. He had a career year in 2004, and expecting that to happen again is absurd.

i think peyton's return to earth will be noticed in stokely's stats this year, not wayne's.
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Interstorm » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:23 pm

...maybe. but, if i had said above, manning throws 10 less TD's (still 39 and still, i agree, a lot to go around), does ALL of that come from stokley? he only scored 10TD's last year. i could see him losing 6 and wayne losing 4. based on last year's stats - that still gives wayne 8...not bad for a #2.

that's just my point, though - he's a #2.
Interstorm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby PSU All Day » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:01 pm

I think the fall off will be in Harrison and Stockley not as much with Wayne. Wayne looks like he may be the #1b in Indy this year and that should be enough to keep him in the top 10.

Of course, you never know with Manning so we will have to wait and see.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Interstorm » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:05 pm

...but why would those 2 fall off and not the 3rd as well? it'll be felt by all of them...wayne included.
Interstorm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Shader » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:10 pm

Wayne had 1200 yards and 12 touchdowns. It's not like it's going to be that hard for him to repeat that. I'd say its more likely that Stokely will fall back to around 5 or 6 td's.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk