Reggie Wayne - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reggie Wayne

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Interstorm » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:26 pm

Shader wrote:Wayne had 1200 yards and 12 touchdowns. It's not like it's going to be that hard for him to repeat that. I'd say its more likely that Stokely will fall back to around 5 or 6 td's.

won't be hard??? i guess that means everyone should have a 12 TD season? only 6 players in the NFL had that or more in 2004!!! wayne had more TD's than chad johnson, joe horn or torry holt. to me, that just means he has nowhere to go but down...especially if manning will throw significantly less touchdowns.

if stokley goes to 6 td's, that leaves 6 more for you to subtract from indy pass catchers to get to manning throwing 'only' 39.

...so where do those 6 come from???

don't mean to be a pest or anything - i just think wayne is one of the more overrated people in fantasy football this year and discussing this may help me understand why people think the way they do. i'll be the first to admit i'm wrong if it turns out that way...i just don't see it yet.
Interstorm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Charlie24 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:53 pm

Interstorm wrote:
Shader wrote:Wayne had 1200 yards and 12 touchdowns. It's not like it's going to be that hard for him to repeat that. I'd say its more likely that Stokely will fall back to around 5 or 6 td's.

won't be hard??? i guess that means everyone should have a 12 TD season? only 6 players in the NFL had that or more in 2004!!! wayne had more TD's than chad johnson, joe horn or torry holt. to me, that just means he has nowhere to go but down...especially if manning will throw significantly less touchdowns.

if stokley goes to 6 td's, that leaves 6 more for you to subtract from indy pass catchers to get to manning throwing 'only' 39.

...so where do those 6 come from???

don't mean to be a pest or anything - i just think wayne is one of the more overrated people in fantasy football this year and discussing this may help me understand why people think the way they do. i'll be the first to admit i'm wrong if it turns out that way...i just don't see it yet.

Marcus Pollard caught 6 TDs passes last season and he's gone... and you're basically implying that Harrison will repeat his 15 TDs, which I find a lot harder to do than Wayne repeating his stats, since you think Wayne is the one who will lose the most... I think everyone pretty much agrees with you that Manning will throw somewhere around 10 less TDs, so substracting 6 from Stokely ( like you did ), Pollard's 6 TDs, and a couple from Wayne and Harrinson, leaves us with 14 less TDs. What does this all mean? that Wayne, though he may not score 12 TDs, should at least get 10
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby mikus » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:11 pm

you guys are forgetting that harrison is manning's go-to guy. remember the fight wayne and manning got into? little chemistry off the field = not the go-to guy on the field. manning and harrison are so in sync, it's sick. no way harrison scores fewer tds than wayne, no freaking way.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:20 pm

I think I said this somewhere else, but here's what I think Manning's TD breakdown will be...and I'm as big a Manning-non 1st round guy as you can get:

Harrison - 10-12
Wayne - 8-10
Stokley - 6-7
Clark - 6-7
RB's - 3-4

So that's 33 TD's for Manning low endish, and as many as 40. I'm trending to the low end on that, but still. Wayne with 8 TD's is good...not #1 quality though. He's a great #2 for anyone if you can get him there. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby tharris » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:25 pm

I'm taking the middle road on this one.. Here is where I have them:

#7 Harrison 1100/85/12
#14 Wayne 1100/70/10
tharris
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:38 pm

Shea-bird wrote:i picked up R. Wayne as my no. 1 with the 11th pick of the third round followed directly by hines ward in 4th...by the end of the 3rd the top 5 guys were gone...

I think you did very well there. Wayne will post numbers close to Harrison's this season. He is the future #1 WR in Indy, methinks. A strong pick up where you got him, should be safe bet to put up top ten numbers for you.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby bellybrother » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:02 pm

Freebird27 wrote:I ended up going with Horn....the safer pick I think.....

I was in the same boat..... RB at 1 & 2 will leave ya scrambling for good WR help...thats for sure

I took Javon Walker instead...and I'm a Colts fan.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:31 pm

mikus wrote:you guys are forgetting that harrison is manning's go-to guy.

he is also the guy that draws double coverage.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TONYMONTANA » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:26 pm

I picked Wayne as my #2 receiver behind Holt. I drafted Wayne in the fourth round.
TONYMONTANA
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk