Compare A.Johnson and Nate Burleson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Compare A.Johnson and Nate Burleson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby black_hawk8888 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:19 pm

AJ has more talent, Burleson has a better situation. Add it all up and I have Burleson as a better FF WR. More TDs, more catches, more yards.
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:13 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
BALCOBOMBER wrote:Have them switch teams and A.J. is an absolute stud while Burleson is a major dud.

BAM!

I was just going to say,

"One's good."
But they aren't switching situations, and situations are part of FF strategy.

With that said, I'll take Burleson. When you're looking at two WRs as close as these two you have to take into account the QBs and lines they play with. The Vikings' line isn't what it used to be, but it's still eons better than the Texans'. As far as QB there's no contest between Culpepper and Carr. Daunte will get the ball to Burleson much more often and much more accurately than Carr will be able to get it to Andre.

Both guys have solidified the starting role, so I'm not too worried about either number two being close enough to push them for the job. The Vikings' second WR is a ton better than the Texans' no matter who ends up getting the role. Which means Burleson will see a lot less double teams than AJ will, which always is nice for the WR.

There's my opinion, IMO Burleson's got much higher potential than AJ does, and I don't see the risk being all that high.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Calyxes » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:25 pm

I Like Johnson's chances of Busting out this year. It is a tight call but I think I like AJ. He has more natural talent. Carr has to step it up though if he is going to be good this year.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:36 pm

Im not that high on Johnson this year. I think hes very talented but hes got no qb, secondary wrs or o line to back him up. Carr gets sacked everyother play and when he isnt getting sacked his accuracy isnt that great anyway. Team have been and will double cover him since he is the only recieving threat besides Dom.

Now lets look at Burleson. Hes got a great QB in culpepper and a great o line. He is also the unquestioned number 1 wr but has 2 maybe 3 talented wrs backing him up. I like Burleson this year even though he will have a tough playoff scheudle.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:44 pm

M_Zimm_ffc wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
BALCOBOMBER wrote:Have them switch teams and A.J. is an absolute stud while Burleson is a major dud.

BAM!

I was just going to say,

"One's good."
But they aren't switching situations, and situations are part of FF strategy.

true, but the first post just asked if AJ was much better than Burleson. I would have to say yes.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby iloveny18 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:10 pm

well, I also want to hear who's got the better upside AND downside. I don't want to trade down and end up taking burleson and him ending up being a bust or worse than the guy I was targeting
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby drmoses » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:13 pm

There's little difference.

They should both get you maybe 1100-1300 yards and 7-10 TDs...

Johnson is more popular though.

If I were you, this is what I do.

Minnesota plays terrible pass defenses until the end of October so take Burleson. As the end of October nears and he's playing great, trade him when his value is high.
Steve Young is Jesus...
drmoses
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 11)

Postby iloveny18 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:17 pm

i'm really gassed about burleson, it's just that I have nightmares of santana moss from last year, and i'm trying to be cautious, especially this early in the draft
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:16 pm

Andre Johnson by a whole lot, I consider Andre Johnson a top 5 reciever with the texans, he would be top 3 with the vikings.
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DGroundhog » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:14 am

I think they are fairly close. I'd rather have Burleson, but that is because he has a better DC throwing to him.

Burleson never has gotten much respect. I'm just glad Kevin Burleson played basketball for the Gophers and played a big role in turning the Vikings on to Nate.

Nate is gonna explode this year in the TNT offense (Troy-Nate-Travis).
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk