Sports Illustrated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sports Illustrated

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BigMusky » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:44 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:The Bears 32 under SF? Gimme a freakin break. Our defense alone will keep us from finishing that low. SI writers must be gay.

Yeah, thats ridiculous. They'll be better than SF, Miami, and Cleveland for sure at least.

I think if Orton can be somewhat a decent QB then the bears will be around 500...and 9-7 with a playoff game is not out of the question. If he sucks it up, or gets hurt and we see anyone else start this year then it will be bad season and they might finish last.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby giantdogs92 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:45 pm

i think its reasonable to say the bears could be anywhere from 6-10 to 8-8
giantdogs92
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:29 am

eaglesrule wrote:eagles 10-6 is patently absurd. For practical purposes, they swept the nfc last year. They sure as hell didn't get worse

You have no proven WRs after TO (not that Pinkston and Mitchell were much to speak of either though) and he's a question mark with his attitude - how can you say that situation hasn't gotten worse?
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Re: Sports Illustrated

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:52 am

giantdogs92 wrote:The sports illustrated preview came out today... like to know everyones opinion on what they said about their favorite team, their superbowl prediction, etc.

I'll start by saying that predicting a 5-11 season for the giants is way off. They have an easier schedule this year and there is no way to say they got worse in the offseason. This years offseason was the best for the Giants in a long time. And they also got all their players healthy which is huge. ;-D

Bad News: Eli Manning still sucks.....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:19 am

lmcjaho wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:eagles 10-6 is patently absurd. For practical purposes, they swept the nfc last year. They sure as hell didn't get worse

You have no proven WRs after TO (not that Pinkston and Mitchell were much to speak of either though) and he's a question mark with his attitude - how can you say that situation hasn't gotten worse?

well, for starters saying someone is unproven is no where near the equivalent of saying they suck.

i cna also say that EVER year, the WR slam on the eagles is made, and every year they do well anyway. Are brown/lewis any worse than na brown? pinkston? thrash? probably not significantly. Its the perception of the league/media, but it ain't that accurate.

Especially when you conisder that westbrook is really the number 2 anyway.

Especially when you consider that the defense was number 2 in socring defense last year, and has a full year with trotter starting, and the secondary has had another year to gel.

The rest of the team is better my friend, and wr isn't appreciably worse, as its not like pinkston was good or anything.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby OToddWalker » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:06 am

giantdogs92 wrote:i think its reasonable to say the bears could be anywhere from 6-10 to 8-8

'fraid not giantdog. i'm not sure what 6-8 teams they are going to beat... look for 3-13 to 5-11

Regular season record is not important, just get in the playoffs and go from there. The PATS will do it again, and I'm not just being a foolish Boston fan. Eaglefan, or whoever, argued that the Eagles didn't change much... but, the Patriots got better, somehow. We're loaded (Brady doesn't need much, Branch was injured half of last season) at receiver now, and we don't have a WR in our defense. "Last time I checked, they still have Tom Brady. Quite frankly, that's all you need" --- the muppet Stephen A. Smith.
OToddWalker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:41 am

OToddWalker wrote:
giantdogs92 wrote:i think its reasonable to say the bears could be anywhere from 6-10 to 8-8

'fraid not giantdog. i'm not sure what 6-8 teams they are going to beat... look for 3-13 to 5-11

Regular season record is not important, just get in the playoffs and go from there. The PATS will do it again, and I'm not just being a foolish Boston fan. Eaglefan, or whoever, argued that the Eagles didn't change much... but, the Patriots got better, somehow. We're loaded (Brady doesn't need much, Branch was injured half of last season) at receiver now, and we don't have a WR in our defense. "Last time I checked, they still have Tom Brady. Quite frankly, that's all you need" --- the muppet Stephen A. Smith.

How the hell did the Patriots get better? They lost their two coordinators, Tedy Bruschi, Andruzzi(?) I believe, Ty Law (I know they didn't need him last year) among others that I've forgotten.

How can you say this team is better than it was last year? Because you added David Terrell and Andre Davis to WR? Please.
QB- M. Vick
WR- J. Jones, M. Colston
RB- R. Rice, J. Charles
TE- A. Hernandez
FLEX- D. McFadden, F. Jackson
K- G. Zuerlein
DEF- Miami

B- T. Romo, J. Kerley, K. Hunter, V. Ballard, D. Thomas, B. Myers, S. Suisham
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OToddWalker » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:10 pm

hmmmm... ty law played 4 games, check. we lost two coordinators, but bill belichick is STILL the coach, check. tedy bruschi, loss, i agree. like i said before, we had deion branch injured for more than half the season, and yes, we did add some good receivers. if you dint read my last post, we have a full roster of defensive backs, and if you didn't watch any games last season, the patriots played a WR, Troy Brown, on DEFENSE. so yes, i stick to my guns and say that the patriots are better than last season.
OToddWalker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:21 pm

fair enough.

but you could say the eagles are definitely better than last year, by virtue of the fact that the effectively had two firstround picks on the roster this year, that didn't really even play last year. plus they get ritchie back and will be playing adams and trotter for a full year.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:17 pm

Only a Pats fan could take the hits you've taken this offseason and actually say you got better. Thats classic.

As for the Cowboys and Eagles, The Eagles should easily win 10 games. if they do that would be a disappointment. I'd say at least 11. And as for the Boys I'd say this team is easily better than the team that won 10 games 2 years ago so I don't understand why it is so hard to imagine them doing it again., They will be a wild card team IMO this year.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk