Sports Illustrated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sports Illustrated

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FatFoot » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:05 pm

Man, Chicago never gets enough respect. :) The worst part about it, is the ragging so often comes from fans of other teams that suck just as bad. :)
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby UtopianHopes » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:15 pm

FatFoot wrote:Man, Chicago never gets enough respect. :) The worst part about it, is the ragging so often comes from fans of other teams that suck just as bad. :)

Well, I am not a die hard homer. You don't see me saying the dolphins are making the playoffs any time soon. Hell, I might be cheering for them to lose as I am hoping we can select Omar Jacob as qb or trade our second round pick for a qb while taking one of the great stud LT coming out of next year draft (Eric Winston, D'Brickashaw Ferguson,Marcus McNeill, Jonathan Scott,and Andrew Whitworth). Realistically I give saban 3 season to hopefully field a good team. If we don't have a winning/non-lossing record (8-8) record by then I will be worrying/upset.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:27 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
Ek wrote:I'll paper bag challenge anyone for a whole year that the Bears win at least 2 games in their own division. I think a lot of fantasy players fail to realize that defense and special teams are 2/3rds of a football team, and that the injuries to Brian Urlacher, Adewale Ogunleye, Jerry Azumah, Charles Tillman, and Mike Brown hurt them as much if not more than Grossman being out.

EDIT: I'd also like to comment on the Lion's playmakers on offense. They need a QB just as badly, in fact, the main difference between Orton and Harrington is that Orton hasn't proven anything, whereas Harrington has already proven that he blows and shouldn't be starting in the NFL.

2 out of 6? And this is a team you think will be .500 or better? Id say the bears can win 2 games. At home against the Lions and Packers. Thatd be about it though.

Exactly.

The Bears may not be the absolute worst team in the NFL, but they are one of the bottom 4.
QB- M. Vick
WR- J. Jones, M. Colston
RB- R. Rice, J. Charles
TE- A. Hernandez
FLEX- D. McFadden, F. Jackson
K- G. Zuerlein
DEF- Miami

B- T. Romo, J. Kerley, K. Hunter, V. Ballard, D. Thomas, B. Myers, S. Suisham
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ek » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:13 am

Hey, I'm not saying the Bears should go to the playoffs this year, but I am agreeing that SI had them too low as the worst team in the NFL (perhaps to stir up controversy, perhaps these predictions were made when we were planning on using Chad Hutchinson all year). I also fail to see how putting them at 7-9 qualifies as thinking that they will be ".500 or better" (for those of you who haven't taken very much math, 7 < 9).
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk