JJ Arrington speaks on his NFL experience so far... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

JJ Arrington speaks on his NFL experience so far...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:46 pm

Did Members Only take Benson before Arrington, or something?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:01 pm

This is the second time this week that Members Only Jackets has posted an interview, and ad-libbed in some material. The first time was funny, but it's already getting old. If he keeps this up, I'm going to ask the Moderators to start locking his threads.

Here's the link to the original story

Talk a little bit about your first NFL training camp experience:
"It was a good experience and it went well I think. It was excited to meet all the guys and see how everybody came together to get that team mentality. It was a long camp but everything I learned has really helped a lot. I came in with the attitude that it was going to be really hard but it wasn't that terrible. I learned a lot and feel like things went well."

What were some of the adjustments you had to make from college football to the NFL?
"The main thing was adjusting to the speed of the game. There is a big difference. You don't have nearly as much time in the NFL and things move so much faster here. That's why you have to be on top of things and know your stuff before you get out there."

Do you feel comfortable with the Cardinals offense and how your strengths will fit?
"I'm comfortable with it. I'm still learning a lot but it's going well so far. I think it's a good fit for me. We have good team speed on both offense and defense and I feel like that is one of my strengths."

Did it make you feel good about your progress to have Coach Green announce you as his starter?
"I felt very good knowing he had confidence in me. But I just wanted to come in and do whatever the team needed me to do. Whatever they ask me to do is what I will do. If they want me start I will and if they want me to be a backup I will do that too. But it did make me feel good to know Coach Green has confidence in me."

Are you anxious for the regular-season opener to get here?
"I'm not too anxious. It's still a learning process so I still have a few more weeks to learn some more things. It gives me a chance to get a little more familiar with everything."

Have you set goals for yourself for this season?
"My main goal is to help my team make it to the playoffs. That is the most important thing. I haven't set any goals for myself because I just want to help my team win and get to the playoffs. That is the thing that matters the most."

The Cardinals have a lot of good young talent, especially on offense. Do you see things heading in the right direction?
"We've got a lot of good players and we are excited about that. We've got Kurt [Warner], who is a very good quarterback, and some very good receivers. Our defense is fast. If we work hard and go out and do our jobs everything will take care of itself."
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:54 pm

The Lung wrote:If he keeps this up, I'm going to ask the Moderators to start locking his threads.

You don't have to ask. Tampering with information is simply uncalled for, reminds me of the fake Portis injury last preseason.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk