Dallas Clark - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dallas Clark

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:11 am

I feel Dallas will do better than last year but not by much.

First as someone mentioned he seems to be going a couple of rounds early so I'm not even considering him at that point. LJ Smith is in a very similar situation with CLew going and seems to be dropping a round or 2 below Dallas. Because of that LJ in my book has more value.

Second if someone bet you that Edge a guy who catches close to 60 passes wouldn't get a recieving td this year you'd probably take the bet. But he didn't catch even one of Manning's 49 td's last year. I feel Edge will get a couple of those Pollard TD's like he did in the old days.

The only thing that sours me on Dallas is the injury bug. He just is not as reliable as the other TE's week in and week out so he will be tough to depend on as an every week TE. But I do feel if he stays healthy he can be a top 5. The question remains do you gamble?
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby OToddWalker » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:15 am

if you're in a fifteen man league, then you're good. his quarterback IS peyton manning, let's get serious here. but as you heard his physical well-being is fragile and he certainly has competition with Wayne, Stokley, Harrison, Edge. I'm gonna go as far to say that I think Heath Miller will do better. There, I went and said it.
OToddWalker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jayday » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:16 am

OToddWalker wrote:I'm gonna go as far to say that I think Heath Miller will do better. There, I went and said it.

great....ive got heath miller....thank you oh wise one.....care to tell me who will have the better year out of anquan boldin and donald driver? lol
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Re: Dallas Clark

Postby RubeRiot » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:31 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Look at Manning's total TE passing stats over the past 5 years...yeah, they are between several people:

2000 - 77 rec., 977 yards, 6 TD's (Dilger, Pollard)
2001 - 79 rec., 1082 yards, 9 TD's (Dilger, Pollard)
2002 - 51 rec., 565 yards, 6 TD's (Pollard, Davenport, Wiggins)
2003 - 72 rec., 904 yards, 4 TD's (Pollard, Clark, Davenport)
2004 - 58 rec., 765 yards, 11 TD's (Pollard, Clark, Hartsock)

He threw for over 900 yards to TE's three times in five years...not including last year's crazy year. So it's going to be Clark and Hartsock this year. I don't see why Clark can't get the majority of it - maybe around 700 yards and catch 6 TD's. That would probably be good enough for 6th place on the TE totem pole behind Gonzo, Gates, Witten, Crumpler, and maybe Shockey. He could be top 5 by the end of the year.

I think Clark is a great low-end TE this year that would take in a second if I could get him in Round 8. :-)

This is exactly why I love this Forum so much!!! Quality posts with research done on the topic!!!

...I think he'll have a great year if he can stay healthy.
RubeRiot
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby BigMusky » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:20 pm

I personally feel that having a quality TE is no longer a luxury to make up for a weak receiver corp but a requirement to compete in fantasy football. With the new 5 yard cushion rule and more talented receiving TE's, you have to have a guy that will produce. Because of this, I am not going to be waiting that long to take a guy like Clarke, but burn a higher picks on someone like Witten.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby G0Colts » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:24 pm

I watched every Colt game for more than 10 years.
Manning looks for Clark in the red zone a lot.So much so,I have seen Manning throw into triple coverage,in attemt to get it to Clark.I am not saying Clark is going to have 10 TDs or anything like that.I like him to have nice year.I wouldn't say take him over Gonzo and Gates or anything like that.However,If he falls in the draft,and your looking for a TE middle/late rounds,I think he is good value there.Round 8 being the earliest I would take him.
G0Colts
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:50 am

Dallas Clark is the hyped up version of Bubba Franks. If he doesn't catch a TD pass in any given week, you're hurting IMO.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk