What RB started tonight for CAR? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What RB started tonight for CAR?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What RB started tonight for CAR?

Postby johnrambo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:24 pm

How did they look?
" Who can make a play? T.O. can make a play." T.Owens
johnrambo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:26 pm

The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Ricky_Christ » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:24 am

"Stephen Davis made a successful return from knee surgery Thursday, runnng five times for 17 yards.

Davis had a successful series, even breaking off an 8-yard run on his third carry. If he reports no problems this week, look for Davis to share carries with DeShaun Foster right away. The team could start Davis before long, hurting DeShaun Foster's value."

- Rotoworld.com
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:37 am

Ricky_Christ wrote:"Stephen Davis made a successful return from knee surgery Thursday, runnng five times for 17 yards.

Davis had a successful series, even breaking off an 8-yard run on his third carry. If he reports no problems this week, look for Davis to share carries with DeShaun Foster right away. The team could start Davis before long, hurting DeShaun Foster's value."

- Rotoworld.com

5 carries for 17 yards is successful? Huh?

It should also be noted that week 4 of the preseason is predominantly used for playing your back-ups... It gives the projected starters a chance to rest up, and let's the coaches get one last look at all the guys on the bubble before final roster cuts...

If you want to know what a team's planned starting line-up is, look at who started week 3 of the preseason, as this is the week where coaches tend to give their starters the most playing time....

Stephen Davis will be the number 2 guy this year in Carolina... He should be the goal line and short yardage back - at best....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Berge20 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:43 am

Wasn't Davis considered injured for the 3rd Preseason game?
Berge20
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Interstorm » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:53 am

...yes, and apparently jamal lewis will be #2 in baltimore because he started this week and not last week.

i hate to say it, because i am a foster supporter, but i think davis will be the starter. the question is "how long will he start". i see this situation being very similar to bennett and moore in minnesota.
Interstorm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby macca » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:13 am

Interstorm wrote:...yes, and apparently jamal lewis will be #2 in baltimore because he started this week and not last week.

i hate to say it, because i am a foster supporter, but i think davis will be the starter. the question is "how long will he start". i see this situation being very similar to bennett and moore in minnesota.

LMAO! Yeah, I was wondering if that guy had any idea about the situation. Anyway, didn't the "starter to be", Foster, only carry the ball for less than half the yards as the "back up/short yardage back at best" on one less carry? Maybe Plindsey didn't read the statement made by the "starter to be" when he conceded the job to Davis last week.

As far as Davis is concerned, I don't see much of an impact from him for at least a few weeks. I would be surprised if he tops the century mark in his first 5 games. That being said, I think he is the ideal #4 RB, in that, if you have the patience, he could pay off nicely as the year rolls on.
macca
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Teh Jury » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:06 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
Ricky_Christ wrote:"Stephen Davis made a successful return from knee surgery Thursday, runnng five times for 17 yards.

- Rotoworld.com

It should also be noted that week 4 of the preseason is predominantly used for playing your back-ups... It gives the projected starters a chance to rest up, and let's the coaches get one last look at all the guys on the bubble before final roster cuts...

If you want to know what a team's planned starting line-up is, look at who started week 3 of the preseason, as this is the week where coaches tend to give their starters the most playing time....

Stephen Davis will be the number 2 guy this year in Carolina... He should be the goal line and short yardage back - at best....

Yeah it's kind of hard to start a game when you're injured...
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:14 am

Plindsey88 wrote:

- Rotoworld.com

Actually if you saw the game it was very successful. He went 3 for 15 in reallity in the open field, with the last two carries coming near the goalline against a stacked PITTSBURGH front to bring down the ypc average. But just in case you're wondering, Foster went 4-8 against the second string defense.

All the rave was about how Davis looked, sharp cuts, same old power he's always had, good burst, didn't seem to favor the knee at all. The only question would be whether it swelled the day after, to which point there don't seem to be any indications of that.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Return to Football Talk