Edge or Henry - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Edge or Henry

Moderator: Football Moderators

Edge or Henry

Postby sickpuppie » Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:02 pm

Who is the best back.

Barring injury, is Edge back to top form after knee surgey?

Henry running behind improved line and expecting to get more carries.

Any projections for these two ?
sickpuppie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MCG321 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:10 pm

If Edge is healthy, he is definitely superior. If you think he will return to his old form, draft Edge. If not, go for Henry.

I'm liking EJ's chances this year, but Henry is a damn good back, so it's a tough choice.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Ousmagic » Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:10 pm

id rather have henry just because it is less risky but i wudnt be surprised if edge ends up having a huge year
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Rodge » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:09 am

I was very skeptical of Edge all offseason and I warned many people on Fantasy Football Cafe about picking him in the past month or so. But Edge has had a good preseason and all indications are that he'll return to top form. That means that he will put up big numbers again. I am sold on Edge. Take Edge of Henry, as he will vastly outperform him.
"I won't get you sixty, but I'll get you ten sixes."
~Brian Piccolo
Rodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

EJ all the way!

Postby Pyro Pimp » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:08 pm

E.J. is going to have a HUGE year! I got him as my #1 back and am confident that I will get a lot of pts. out of him. Of course this is just my gut feeling...but that's all we got! }:-)
Pyro Pimp
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:26 pm

In my experience, when the wheels come off, they tend to STAY off.
There's always exceptions. Jamal Lewis comes to mind - who's done it not once, but twice.
You never know, but when you gotta pick, take the back w/o the rebuilt knee. The odds are in your favor.
My 2 cents, anyway.
~Da Wease
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby tomkatt » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:53 pm

It's a high risk high reward thing with James. Will he return to his pre-knee injury production? If he does (and all indications are that he will), he may end up outscoring almost every back in fantasy football. Ofcourse he could also battle hamstrings, sprained ankles, and other maladies that seem to hinder guys trying to come back from serious injuries.

Henry is an awesome prospect for this year. He doesn't have any HUGE years on his resume like Edge does, but could be poised for one this year. Don't think the Bills drafting of McGahee didn't royally piss him off, he WILL be motivated. However, if his fumbling rears it's ugly head in crucial situations..... Olandis gary is waiting in the wings. Lotsa pressure on the coach this year, he won't stand for the turnovers.

Bottom line: I think they both will have excellent years. Can't go wrong with either right now. I do give the "Edge" to James for having the better year though. ;-D
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby tjhksig » Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:47 am

Here's a weird idea. I had the 8,9, or 10 picks in a 10 team league. Every time I could pick Edge or Henry; and every time I took Henry even though I think Edge will be better. Why? B/C I know Henry won't be around in rd. 2, while Edge probably will as people grab TO, Harrioson, Green, Barber, or Taylor. People look at Edge's #'s in 2002 and get scared. I was able to get Henry and James in all 3 of these leagues, and I'm exremely happy.
tjhksig
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby twentysix » Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:25 pm

after watching that preseason Monday night game vs. Den, I am convinced that Edge is fine. Plus, Henry's already a little dinged up now. I'd take the risk and go with James, but tjhksig has the right idea. Every cheat sheet has Henry ahead of James, so it's quite possible you could get them both.
"November and more,
as I wait for the score,
They're telling me forgiveness
is the key to every door."
- 'Unbroken Chain', Grateful Dead
twentysix
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk