The Only Carrying 1 QB "Strategy" (or, am I nuts?) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Only Carrying 1 QB "Strategy" (or, am I nuts?)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Crimedogg32 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:33 pm

If you have Peyton Pepper McNabb Bulger Daunte Green Favre I think you only need 1 QB and its an excellent strategy. If you have QBs worse than that I would be picking backups because most of them are so up and down I wouldnt want to start them 15 weeks
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:52 pm

Well, the Peyton Trade got rejected (First year Guy can't see the forest for the trees.) :-D

Anywho, I think I'll be OK (H**l, it's not like it's my $$ league) with Delhomme. You should see some of the RBs and WRs the other guys are starting, much less their full rosters. Sooner or later I'll either pick a #2 QB off the WW or someone will come lookin' for a RB.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Juhlz » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:48 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I always go into the season with multiple QBs. Not only for bye weeks and injury replacement (QBs get injured a lot in the NFL), but for favorable matchups as well. There are very few QBs in fantasy that you want to start 15 weeks a year IMO....

Since I'm never willing to put a high pick down on a stud QB, you gotta have those QBs in numbers so you can play the matchups. Multiple QBs on your roster can be deadly when you use them in favorable matchups. Why not use a 11th, 12th, 14th round pick on a guy like Brian Griese, Steve McNair, etc, instead of a sleeper WR..

Go into the season with only 1 QB and you might get lucky and find a Jon Kitna(2003-waiver wire top10 QB) or a Drew Brees(2004-waiver wire top10 QB) on the waiver wire. But at the same time you missed out on the Matt Hasselbeck (2003-later round pick #4 QB) and Jake Plummer (2004-later round pick #5 QB).

Why not try for both?

could not have said it better myself. Well put, this is precisely my qb strategy.
"Gunga la gunga...which means on your deathbed you will receive full consciousness, so I got that going for me." Bill
Juhlz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ek » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:56 am

I like this move if you're in a ten team league since there should be some decent QBs on the waiver wire...but if you're in a league with 12 or more teams you're one play away from using Kyle Boller and Drew Bledsoe for the rest of the year.
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:16 am

I'm not a fan of this strategy and I usually end up doing the exact opposite. So instead of drafting one, even one stud QB, I usually draft two middle of the road QBs and play matchups. I usually end up with Pennington and Leftwich or Favre.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk