James Stewart seperates shoulder - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

James Stewart seperates shoulder

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Homeless » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:55 am

Fyi Pinner is not even listed on the depth chart now and bryson hasnt looked good. In short stay clear if you can.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Ousmagic » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:17 am

i need a 4th rb so who do u guys i shud pick up from the lions? im leaning towards bryson right now but im not sure
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:09 am

OK, I watched the game last night and my thought is that Cobourne looked the best. Bryson was pretty muched stuffed. Problem was, Cobourne was playing in the third and 4th against some 2-3rd stringers. I dont think he was witht the 1st team at all. If Im wrong, please correct me.

None of the Lions backups have looked good at all this preseason. Trust me, my Lions obviously need a RB, and probably some better scouting on the RB front. We may even be targeting one with another top 5 pick next yr. Thats just speculation, but it is to the point that us Lions watchers sure would be happy to tell you about some young stud weve been hiding, but he just aint there. Hopefully Im wrong.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:27 am

I "HOPE" Bryson does well and has a great season, don't know why but I just like the guy.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby WGreen31 » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:38 am

This is bad news for Lions fans. My take? Detroit no longer has a RB worth drafting for the time being. It'll be a platoon. And even if it wasn't, there is no talent past Stewart.
"The NFL announced today there will be a station that covers the NFL 24/7. Before this channel the only other station that featured the NFL 24/7 was Court TV"-Conan O'Brien
WGreen31
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PuntinFool » Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:16 pm

Rotoworld is now saying that Bryson is the new back.

Shawn Bryson got the break he needed to show whether he can be a feature back in the NFL. James Stewart separated his right shoulder in the pre-season game on 8/28.
Bryson had only 10 yards on 6 carries last night. It is pre-season. Do not read to much into the Autry Denson carries and success. Bryson is the featured guy until Stewart gets back. Bryson has great hands, blocks well and can carry the tough yards. He did however, fumble. Mooch will never put up with that so we should watch this closely.

Fine. Great. My question is how long will Stewart be out? If only for a game or two I might as well hang onto him. If going the Pennington distance I could make other plans. Anyone hear anything?
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PuntinFool » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:20 pm

Ah ok, not too long. This arrives, of course, after I knee-jerkly grab Buckhalter. Maybe no one noticed I dropped Stew...

Rotoworld:

James Stewart's disclocated shoulder won't require surgery. He's expected to miss 3-4 weeks.
Stewart may sit out only two games with the injury, which qualifies as very good news. Coach Steve Mariucci has yet to decide who will replace him in the starting lineup.
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ousmagic » Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:15 pm

i dropped bettis and picked up shawn bryson just for the chance bryson will start but he will be my #3 RB at best so no big risk there
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby slowkidz » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:24 pm

i'm not too worried. stewie will be fine and back on the field in no time. he'll prolly miss 3 games. i don't see bryson or the other guy holding onto the starting job. let's not forget that bryson is coming off of knee surgery as well...
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Previous

Return to Football Talk