Stephen Davis Value? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stephen Davis Value?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stephen Davis Value?

Postby FF Guy » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:25 am

Where should he be going right now in 12-team drafts?
FF Guy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby devius » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:38 am

i would think he just switches places with foster's position. i can see them splitting carries quite a bit until one of them emerges as the starter.
devius
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Matthias » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:38 am

i would put him early-mid third
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby johnrambo » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:43 am

Early mid 3rd, come on. If you can get him past late 6th then do it. Otherwise let someone else take him early.
" Who can make a play? T.O. can make a play." T.Owens
johnrambo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby PBRmeASAP » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:46 am

Mid to early 3rd seems kinda high for him. I have him and Foster rated in the early to mid-30's for RB's. That would put him at around 6th or 7th round.

You'll also need Foster if you want some security. I have a feeling it will be the dreaded RBBC until one of them gets hurt. It is only a matter of time with those two.
PBRmeASAP
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:52 am

There is still a ton of risk involved with Davis. He wasn't exactly the perfect picture of health the last few years even when he wasn't coming off a major surgery, and there are plenty of guys waiting in the wings.

Guys like M. Anderson, Dunn, etc should still be going before him, or any Carolina RB. But I'd be much more inclined to take a shot on a Carolina RB than on a say.....Cleveland RB.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bagobonez » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:23 pm

Head coach John Fox said the only thing Stephen Davis is guaranteed is to get at least one carry a game, and less than 20 carries a game.

Sounds like he doesn't want Davis to be the horse he was in 2003 (or whatever year it was) and rather wants Foster to spell him quite a bit.

Smells like RBBC to me, and despite him being labeled the "starter" don't over-value him. In fact, if he explodes in week 1 or something, I would trade him while his value is sky high. He's too old and Deshaun Foster is too good for Stephen Davis to get 25-30 carries a game and be a stud.

I picked up Davis off the WW, and I hope I can parlay him into some pretty decent trade bait, but I don't want to count on him as a full time starter at any point.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby macca » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:26 pm

bagobonez wrote:Head coach John Fox said the only thing Stephen Davis is guaranteed is to get at least one carry a game, and less than 20 carries a game.

I believe that quote was in reference to the amount he would play in last night's preseason game, not the regular season.

ETA: Just found the direct quote:

Panthers' running back Stephen Davis will play in the preseason game against the Steelers on Thursday. "How much is going to be a game-time decision," Panthers' head coach John Fox told the Charlotte Observer on Tuesday. "It will be a feel thing and I'd say it's safe to say he's going to get at least one (carry) and under 20." Davis rushed for a career best 1,444 yards in 2003.
macca
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skibrett15 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:36 pm

Fox will do whatever he thinks is best to win. He leaned on Davis when they went to the superbowl. He's gonna play.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:59 pm

Foster will be the starter in Carolina sooner rather than later.... I wouldn't take Stephen Davis any earlier than I would take Lee Suggs....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk