Micheal Clayton? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Micheal Clayton?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby stikmata » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:28 am

noone mentioned that he had surgery (knee?) in the offseason that kept him from practicing until late July... so he came into camp out of shape and has had a poor preason... good news for his owners tho, is that i hear his work ethic has been great and he should be in shape for the season.. i'd guess top 15 maybe... not 10 tho
stikmata
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sappisgod » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:09 pm

BigMusky wrote:last year everyone got hurt in Tampa and that is why they threw to him exclusively. He was their only offensive weapon. Not the case this year...he is going way too high for my taste.

They didn't throw to him any more than any other top WR. It was just that the only other player who was out there catching the ball as much as him was Pittman. The ball got spread around pretty well last year. But Galloway couldn't stay healthy, Tim Brown was never supposed to start more than a few games at the beginning, Joe Jurivicius was in and out like Galloway. What made Clayton do so well was more his average and his GREAT YAC for a top WR, more so than getting "thrown to exclusively" which he didn't anyway. And he's STILL the biggest offensive weapon we have.

stikmata wrote:noone mentioned that he had surgery (knee?) in the offseason that kept him from practicing until late July... so he came into camp out of shape and has had a poor preason... good news for his owners tho, is that i hear his work ethic has been great and he should be in shape for the season.. i'd guess top 15 maybe... not 10 tho

He didn't come into camp out of shape, he added bulk. There's a difference. The surgery was pretty minor and shouldn't affect much of anything, he seemed like the same receiver in camp.

As for the "poor" pre-season, he hasn't really needed to do anything except for get back in the swing of things. Same with Cadillac, Gruden felt they proved themselves enough and thought he knew what to expect out of them, so they didn't get much attention in preseason.
sappisgod
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk