IDP: Derrick Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

IDP: Derrick Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

IDP: Derrick Johnson

Postby gtgrad95 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:09 pm

I drafted him as one of my LB anchors to my defense (Bullock and A. Pierce being the others). Are my expectations too high or does he really have a chance to be this year's Jonathan Vilma. He hasn't done a whole lot in preseason, so I'm getting a little concernced. Maybe some of the Chiefs fans on here can chime in.
gtgrad95
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:38 pm

I hope it will be Demarcus Ware. He had a great preseason. So if it is DJ and not Demarcus, I'm going to Parcell's house to kick the crap out of him for not drafting DJ.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: IDP: Derrick Johnson

Postby ironman » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:35 pm

gtgrad95 wrote:I drafted him as one of my LB anchors to my defense (Bullock and A. Pierce being the others). Are my expectations too high or does he really have a chance to be this year's Jonathan Vilma. He hasn't done a whole lot in preseason, so I'm getting a little concernced. Maybe some of the Chiefs fans on here can chime in.

I think Johnson is definitely poised to make an impact this season. Johnson, Ware, and Odell Thurman are the three rookie LB's I'd keep an eye on.
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spodog » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:34 pm

Chiefs Fan comment:

DJ should be an impact player, but he would be much MORE of an impact player if he were lining up in a scheme that already had quality linebackers. As it stands right now, if he starts to prove troublesome to Offenses, they can key on him and not have to worry too much about blocking the rest of our LB corps.

What should impress you this year is he may get 2 to 3 INTs. The guy looks like he will be a killer cover guy on TEs or even slant WRs.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ironman » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:40 pm

spodog wrote:Chiefs Fan comment:

DJ should be an impact player, but he would be much MORE of an impact player if he were lining up in a scheme that already had quality linebackers. As it stands right now, if he starts to prove troublesome to Offenses, they can key on him and not have to worry too much about blocking the rest of our LB corps.

What should impress you this year is he may get 2 to 3 INTs. The guy looks like he will be a killer cover guy on TEs or even slant WRs.

Yeah, hopefully their money pays off with Kendrell Bell.
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby confused_jake » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:07 pm

another rookie linebacker that i think will do well is Lofa Tatupu, the middle linebacker at seattle.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:25 pm

Anyone see him play this preseason? Was he getting to the ball? Did he even play much?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:31 pm

Flux wrote:Anyone see him play this preseason? Was he getting to the ball? Did he even play much?

The only thing I recall from Derrick Johnson this season was where he leveled JJ Arrington like a ragdoll on his way to the QB.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby WatchMeDisappear » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:10 pm

Um what? I would say LBs is the strong point for your team. Shawn Barber, Kendrell Bell, Derrick Johnson, Scott Fujita, etc. If you are a Chiefs fan, you need to watch "your" team a bit better.
WatchMeDisappear
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Flux » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:34 pm

WatchMeDisappear wrote:

Um what? I would say LBs is the strong point for your team. Shawn Barber, Kendrell Bell, Derrick Johnson, Scott Fujita, etc. If you are a Chiefs fan, you need to watch "your" team a bit better.

Fujita got traded to DAL, Barber is on the PUP, and Bell has only played in what? 1 preseason game?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk