IDP: Derrick Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

IDP: Derrick Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby WatchMeDisappear » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:51 pm

Flux wrote:
WatchMeDisappear wrote:
spodog wrote:Chiefs Fan comment:

DJ should be an impact player, but he would be much MORE of an impact player if he were lining up in a scheme that already had quality linebackers. As it stands right now, if he starts to prove troublesome to Offenses, they can key on him and not have to worry too much about blocking the rest of our LB corps.

What should impress you this year is he may get 2 to 3 INTs. The guy looks like he will be a killer cover guy on TEs or even slant WRs.

Um what? I would say LBs is the strong point for your team. Shawn Barber, Kendrell Bell, Derrick Johnson, Scott Fujita, etc. If you are a Chiefs fan, you need to watch "your" team a bit better.

Fujita got traded to DAL, Barber is on the PUP, and Bell has only played in what? 1 preseason game?

my bad then
WatchMeDisappear
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:20 pm

If he isnt starting at MLB (I think he's on the outside) then he will have a hard time being a fantasy "stud" like Vilma was, at least in his first year. I think Odell Thurman in Cincy will be the best rookie IDP this year.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby giants! » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:23 pm

I dont think hes gonan have so much success b/c there is nobody on the defense who can take double teams away from him.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flux » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:22 pm

terpfan wrote:If he isnt starting at MLB (I think he's on the outside) then he will have a hard time being a fantasy "stud" like Vilma was, at least in his first year. I think Odell Thurman in Cincy will be the best rookie IDP this year.

He's listed as an outside linebacker. Whether its weakside or strongside will make a difference for sure.

You dont neccessarily need to be a middle linebacker to make an impact. Keith Bullock and Derrick Brooks are 2 guys who play on the weakside and do well.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:15 pm

terpfan wrote:If he isnt starting at MLB (I think he's on the outside) then he will have a hard time being a fantasy "stud" like Vilma was, at least in his first year. I think Odell Thurman in Cincy will be the best rookie IDP this year.

So if I have Vilma, Thurman and Ware (plus Pierce and J Peterson) on my team I am looking good at LB then? ;-D
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk