IDP's with return numbers... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

IDP's with return numbers...

Moderator: Football Moderators

IDP's with return numbers...

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:34 pm

Hey I'm in a league with IDPs. I would appreciate it if you guys could help me out and get me a list of some of the DBs that will be returning kicks this year. McGee and Rossum I believe will be close to the top as well as Ed Reed. Any one else? I heard Newman may return punts for the cowboys. He was great in college. Any truth to that?
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: IDP's with return numbers...

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:16 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:Hey I'm in a league with IDPs. I would appreciate it if you guys could help me out and get me a list of some of the DBs that will be returning kicks this year. McGee and Rossum I believe will be close to the top as well as Ed Reed. Any one else? I heard Newman may return punts for the cowboys. He was great in college. Any truth to that?

Ed Reed? No way he returns kicks... Sure you aren't thinking of J.R. Reed in Philly?

The only ones likely to see double duty as starting DB's AND return men are: McGee, Azumah, and Rossum....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby confused_jake » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:24 pm

Nah, Ed Reed doesn't return punts/kickoffs, but he still puts up those type of return yards off of INTs/Fumble recoveries ;-)
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:26 pm

Thanks for the input. I swear I read Ed Reed was a return man. It kind of shocked me as well to read, But, since I don't watch many Ravens games I was one to believe it. I'll find the quote that has me confused....

Sporting News Fantasy Football:

"...Many of last years top DB performers made big plays on special teams, from blocking a kick to returning a punt for a score. Baltimore's Ed Reed and Buffalo's Terrence McGee are threats to watch." Pg. 103, Rob Hurtt

Now maybe that means Ed Reed blocked a punt or kick or something but I just figured it meant he was a return man. Thanks for the clarification.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby confused_jake » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:12 pm

Yeah Ed Reed is a guy who blocks punts.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk