Kurt Warner and the Arizona Offensive Line.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kurt Warner and the Arizona Offensive Line..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kurt Warner and the Arizona Offensive Line..

Postby markspe34 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:43 pm

I was just wondering what everyone's opinion on kurt was going to be for this year. I know he's got some of the best young recievers in the game...but do you think he has anything left in the tank? do you think his shakey offensive line can start to mesh and play better? I'm really clueless so i thought i'd ask all of your opinions...thanks in advance
markspe34
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Teh Jury » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:57 pm

I've got Warner on my team. I like his upside because I think he still has the tools, and he definitely has the weapons in Arizona. The biggest question mark in my mind is whether the O-line can hold the pocket for him, because I think he can make plays as long as he has some time.
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bellybrother » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:07 pm

The key is that Zona wants him to get rid of the ball quick to his playmakers. More like what he was doing in St Louis rather than what they wanted of him in New York. That means the pocket doesn't have to hold as long. That will work in his favor, O Line-wise and is more to his strengths, but until I see something from him, there are better options out there IMO.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bagobonez » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:08 pm

The way he disected Dallas' defense in the pre-season game sold me, even after I had already drafted him.

I think he's a nice backup.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:17 pm

I think he'll last less than 6 games before he is concussed.

STL had one of the best OLines in the NFL when Warner was there. His situation now and his situation then cannot be compared.

The week they faced Dallas this preseason was the 1st preseason game and Dallas didnt incorporate any blitz schemes. Every preseason game since ARI has looked terrible and Warner basically looks like a sitting duck. Expect more of the same this season.

Isnt ARI on there 3rd or 4th C this preseason? Its gonna get ugly in ARI and those of you projecting them as division favorites have bought the national media hype - they are at a minimum of a yr or so away from being a playoff contender. Absolutely no depth in ARI will make for a very very long season for Cardinal fans.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bellybrother » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:25 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I think he'll last less than 6 games before he is concussed.

STL had one of the best OLines in the NFL when Warner was there. His situation now and his situation then cannot be compared.

The week they faced Dallas this preseason was the 1st preseason game and Dallas didnt incorporate any blitz schemes. Every preseason game since ARI has looked terrible and Warner basically looks like a sitting duck. Expect more of the same this season.

Isnt ARI on there 3rd or 4th C this preseason? Its gonna get ugly in ARI and those of you projecting them as division favorites have bought the national media hype - they are at a minimum of a yr or so away from being a playoff contender. Absolutely no depth in ARI will make for a very very long season for Cardinal fans.

Didn't mean to compare Zona's O to St Louis. Or O-Lines. Just that it played more to his strengths. That being said, the O-Line and their depth is what makes me like other QB's better than him.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby markspe34 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:28 pm

i didnt really have much of a choice...i had kyle boller and i traded him, and eric moulds for kurt warner (i did this because my league counts return yards...i have the #1 waiver priority and dante hall is on the wire..so moulds was basically expendable.
markspe34
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Wolverine » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:31 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I think he'll last less than 6 games before he is concussed.

A rookie RB that can't pick up blitz packages isn't going to help his longevity any...
Wolverine
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk