Garner or E George - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Garner or E George

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby guester » Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:28 pm

I had Garner last year, and the most part, was pleased with his output. He will get you at least 100 yards total every single game, guaranteed. The only prob was he just didn't get enough TD's, especially rushing TD's, unless he broke one. He's more assured of recieving TD's than rushing TD's. Basically, he is a reliable back who will get you some numbers every week, but not anything spectacular. He's consistent.
guester

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby culboarder » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:42 pm

Garner had over 1900 total yards last year, that is more than alexander and mcallister and henry and many many other backs out there. Garner is soooo underrated and georger is overrated, 3.4 ypc is absolutely horrible and garner is the much better pick!
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:38 am

Well, that is pretty much the worst case draft scenario. I guess there are 3 RB options left, Garner, George, and Martin. You probably won't get a top TE if you don't get one now.

Having 2 WR's instead of 3 tends to de-value WR's a tad. Moulds would be the one option I'd consider, but after the top 3, there's 10 guys who can be solid #1 starters. The WR's and 3 TE's will fly off the board, but you might be able to get a top WR still in the 4th. I guess it helps if you know your leagues tendencies. Will TE's drop another round?

QB is the position I think I'd wait on. If I don't get McNabb or Culpepper, I think I wait. Warner might drop, Hasselbeck could be huge, Favre is always solid, Bledsoe looked good last year with 4000+ yards. Lots of good options there later on.

My belief is that you need to get quality RB/WR/TE in the early rounds of your draft. I'll take a running QB to pad my rushing stats. I wouldn't have taken Culpepper as early as he went (or will go).

Solid draft. Should be tough cometition.

Either way, if you get 1 of those 3 RB and a WR/QB/TE of your choice, you won't be too bad off. I don't think there's a wrong way to go. Unfortunately if the draft goes as you predict, you don't have an overwhelmingly obvious choice.

My argument for George over Garner, for the person who says we're all f'ed up, is that Eddie has had 2 bad years due to injured feet. His feet are apparently better and he feels good. He never misses games. He had 1400 total yards and 14 TD's last year after he struggled the first 5 games, and had a sub-par year overall. Garner had a huge year, and managed 1800 total yards and 11 TD's. Yes, he had the better year by most scoring systems, but he is 1.6 years older, and the Raiders have Fargas who I expect will see some time. Crockett gets the goal line carries. Garner should be gone next year, and the Raiders may want to see Fargas in action. Keeping Garner's stats down also won't hurt the cost if they decide to re-sign him. It's a win/win situation to look at Fargas. They need to see if they need to draft a RB early next year or if they have their RB of the future.

The Raiders had a huge offensive year last year, totally beeyatching DEN. That was part of Garner's big offensive run. I'm betting they don't repeat that. I won't put my fantasy dollars on Gannon, Garner or Rice repeating last year unless they drop some. You'll see more Fargas, Teyo Johnson, Porter, and if there is a lead late, Tuiasosopo will mop up after Gannon.

Martin I also think will start to slow down a bit, he's just a few months older than George. They have LaMont Jordan who seems to be pushing his way into the line-up. They're all old, but Eddie has consistency on his side, and hope that he improves on last year.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk