Saints home opener will be at the Giants - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Saints home opener will be at the Giants

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:35 pm

that might actually bring a playoff apprearence to detroit!

so greedy.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:35 pm

awwchrist wrote:that might actually bring a playoff apprearence to detroit!

so greedy.

Right about now ill take anything i can get :-D

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:51 pm

awwchrist wrote:that might actually bring a playoff apprearence to detroit!

so greedy.

:-b

I agree with the concensus. This isn't fair to the Saints or the rest of league as now the argument can be made that the rest of football is at a disadvantage because the Giants have an extra home game and the Saints have one less.

There has to be a better solution than that.
QB- M. Vick
WR- J. Jones, M. Colston
RB- R. Rice, J. Charles
TE- A. Hernandez
FLEX- D. McFadden, F. Jackson
K- G. Zuerlein
DEF- Miami

B- T. Romo, J. Kerley, K. Hunter, V. Ballard, D. Thomas, B. Myers, S. Suisham
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:04 pm

Hmmm doesnt really seem fair. It would have been nice if their home opener had been against a division rival, because then they could have just switch home games.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Turnip » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:38 pm

It doesn't seem fair, but they will sell tickets in new york, that's probably what they're thinking. More tickets than they would sell in Timbuktu.

Anyway...if you think about it, it doesn't really matter, it isn't important at all considering what New Orleans is going through.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:19 pm

awwchrist wrote:I have a feeling most of those places are under consideration for interim shelters.

As if it needs reminding...We're staring at the face of arguably the worst natural disaster in Our Nation's history.

Sports and RV shows are probably going to have to make concessions. As well as it's fans.

The Astrodome currently has 25,000 refugees; the Alamodome has 23,000 and Dallas' Reunion arena has 25,000 with more people on the way. Those places were out. I heard the Saints opted to play their home games at Tiger Stadium to be closer to their fans. ESPN.com says they will be headquartered in San Antonio.

The bigger picture here is we lost a great city which will take months to rebuild. Tom Benson agreed to this decision and they said the Saints and Giants agreed to donate a part of the gate receipts to the Hurricane Relief fund.

God Bless the city of New Orleans and it's people.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:53 pm

The_Captain wrote:
awwchrist wrote:I have a feeling most of those places are under consideration for interim shelters.

As if it needs reminding...We're staring at the face of arguably the worst natural disaster in Our Nation's history.

Sports and RV shows are probably going to have to make concessions. As well as it's fans.

The Astrodome currently has 25,000 refugees; the Alamodome has 23,000 and Dallas' Reunion arena has 25,000 with more people on the way. Those places were out. I heard the Saints opted to play their home games at Tiger Stadium to be closer to their fans. ESPN.com says they will be headquartered in San Antonio.

The bigger picture here is we lost a great city which will take months to rebuild. Tom Benson agreed to this decision and they said the Saints and Giants agreed to donate a part of the gate receipts to the Hurricane Relief fund.

God Bless the city of New Orleans and it's people.

Months? I wish. More Like years.

While I agree that playing a "home" game against the Giants in the Meadowlands is unfair, I think the league was just looking for any solution for this one game. Hopefully they can find a semi-permanent "home" site for them that's a little closer to home. (It would be nice (in my opinion) if they played somewhere where at least some of the evacuees (God I hate the term refugees, They're Americans. Just Like Us) could go and watch a game (free of charge of course) and maybe escape from this s**tstorm for a few hours.)

God Bless the Gulf Coast.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby ironman » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:00 am

Am I the only one that finds it weird they put the Saints in a stadium that is already shared by two teams?
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk