Best draft spot - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best draft spot

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby cordscords » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:46 am

#1 is my favorite spot. You get the guy you want, you get back to back picks, it's the best trade value spot.
cordscords
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Berge20 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:07 pm

Flux wrote:I like 3 or 8

You either get LT, SA, Priest at #3

At #8 you get either

LT, SA, Priest, Deuce, Edge, Willis, Jamal (and throw in DD, but someone will more than likely take Manning before 8)

Bingo - I think this is right on this year. There is such a crop of 2nd tier guys that are just so close that IMO you are better of getting the 8th-9th pick and getting your choice of a 2nd RB back around than 4-7. I'd still like 1 or 2 personally, but if not I'd take 8 or 9.
Berge20
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby devius » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:18 pm

i just got the 8th pick in a 10teamer...do you guys think i should go RB RB or RB WR? going RB RB i might be able to pick up 2 studs like Jamal and Dillon/DD or go RB WR i might get Jamal and TO/Holt. which is better?
devius
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jimskins28 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:20 pm

i think 1,2 or 10 are good. 1 and 2 you get that stud LT or SA, 10 you get 2 quality rb's IMOA. I have 3rd and am going with Edge, I don't trust holmes
thanx snipershot. We miss you #21
jimskins28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Always a winner » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:43 pm

devius wrote:i just got the 8th pick in a 10teamer...do you guys think i should go RB RB or RB WR? going RB RB i might be able to pick up 2 studs like Jamal and Dillon/DD or go RB WR i might get Jamal and TO/Holt. which is better?

I'm a fan of the RB/RB/WR/WR strategy from the 8th position. The WRs you get in 3 and 4 are very solid. You'll walk away with two of Walker, Horn, Johnson, Wayne, or Burleson. The only problem with going RB/WR is that you might get lucky and get S.Jackson or C.Martin in the 3rd, but if they're gone you've gotta take a chance on Cadillac or Arrington for your #2 RB. I aim for a balanced team, and I think that gets ruined if I take a WR in round 2.
Always a winner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby euclid530 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:01 pm

i like either 1-4 or 10-12 personally. This year i wasn't playing with people that knew a whole lot and with the number 10 pick in a 12 team i got

J Lewis
K Jones
L Jordan in rounds 1 - 3
euclid530
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk