Whats your thoughts on Hines Ward - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whats your thoughts on Hines Ward

Moderator: Football Moderators

Whats your thoughts on Hines Ward

Postby DolphinsAllTheWay » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:15 pm

I really have no idea about this guy, he was one of the top WR 2 years ago but last year he didnt do much and now hes having contract problems.Where would you rank him among Receivers?
Patrick Surtain the best DB in the NFL.....period!
DolphinsAllTheWay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigMusky » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:20 pm

there are always guys who you have a bad feeling about but have worth because of history. He is one of those guys. If I dont draft him he will be fine and have a good season, but if I get him on my team somehow, he will suck. I will let you know if I get him so you can trade him quickly ;-D
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Wesley Walker » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:57 pm

He's near the top of that third tier, I'd say. There the Moss tier, with just Moss. Then ther'es the T.O., Holt, Harrison, Chad, Horn. Then Hines, Javon Walker, Andre Johnson, D Jax, etc.

His value fluctuates up or down depending on the Steelers offense in general, and particularly Big Ben's performance. But don't assume Pittsburgh's shoddy pre-season means a damn thing. It simply doesn't.

Still, Hines hasn't found the endzone all that much lately. That could change if Bettis isn't in the lineup or isn't 100%. I think that would make Hines a better redzone option.

Even if Big Ben struggles, Hines's value will stay fair to good. He's always going to be a part of that offense. A big part. He's one of the best pass catchers, team players, possession receivers in the game.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby inferno19 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:20 am

Just so you know, this post is AFTER I drafted Hines in my money league.

1) Burress used to be doubled ALL the time, yet still got endzone looks because of his jumping ability.
2) Ward is maybe one of the most underpaid and underrated players in the league.

That's all I've got, surprisingly.
1335 rushing yards, 53 receptions, 441 receiving yards. 18 TDs.
Money in the bank.
inferno19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby iloveny18 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:43 pm

well, I think now that hines doesn't have plax to worry about, that might help him increase that TD total. Also, with injuries to the bus and staley, they might pass a little more, but I don't see that much of an improvement
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:06 pm

Big Ben has not looked good this preseason. Ward has been steadily dropping in my rankings and is now hovering around WR#15... Only way i see Ward returning to 90-100+ catches and fantasy #1 WR status, is if the run game falters so horribly badly that they become a balanced offense.

The defense does not look like it is going to stop, but a repeat of last season is damn near impossible. 80-85/1000-1100 is in the bank for Hines IMO. But the TDs are up in the air and that is the real question mark.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby DolphinsAllTheWay » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:23 pm

Well good news..

Hines Ward has signed and has 2.5 M in incentives, maybe that will encourage him to try to put up better numbers?.
Patrick Surtain the best DB in the NFL.....period!
DolphinsAllTheWay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:29 pm

A bad pre-season for the Steelers dropped him to me at 6.7 in my 10 man league. If Ben can calm down and just put the ball near him, it's one heck of a steal.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:01 pm

I've decided to bench Hines Ward in week 1 against Tennessee after I drafted him as my #1 WR in one league. Am I nuts?

I'm taking a wait and see approach with this guy, because I have a feeling the Steeler's passing game will struggle coming out of the gates. Tennessee should be an easy win and they won't need to be passing much to beat them.. The real test should come in week 3, against New England.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby The Lung » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:12 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I've decided to bench Hines Ward in week 1 against Tennessee after I drafted him as my #1 WR in one league. Am I nuts?

Who are you starting in place of Ward? The Tenn defense is a vary favorable matchup.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Next

Return to Football Talk