Whats your thoughts on Hines Ward - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whats your thoughts on Hines Ward

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Teh Jury » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:22 pm

iloveny18 wrote:well, I think now that hines doesn't have plax to worry about, that might help him increase that TD total. Also, with injuries to the bus and staley, they might pass a little more, but I don't see that much of an improvement

It'll be a tug-of-war between two opposing factors that are a result of Plax's absence:

In Ward's favour: He is without question THE man when they go to the air. For yardage or for paydirt, the Pittsbugh air belongs to Hines Ward.

Against Ward: Plax drew equal and sometimes more attention from defences than Ward did. All that attention will now be focused on Ward.

The pros and cons will duke it out, with Ward's production letting us know which side is winning.
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:43 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Big Ben has not looked good this preseason ...

That's the key, right there.
It's not Ward ...
... so much as it is the QB coming close to repeating last year ... and Pittsburgh having a serious RB problem right now.

My 2 cents.
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:43 pm

Hes a bit of a risk as it depends if Ben can improve as a QB. Hes still a good pick though, and I'd start him week one vs a poor Tenn defense.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BostonBlades » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:56 pm

I've been questioning what the expect from Ward myself, and it became even more of an issue for me when I drafted him at 4.9 in my 10 team league. I have him settled in my #2 WR position.
As far as projections, at have him at #14. I'd personally take the likes of Clayton, Wayne, Jackson, Smith and Burleson over Ward. I see him as a solid number 2, but not more than that. He won't have the scores even if he has the catches and yardage.
UPS to bigh0rt for the sig!
BostonBlades
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DolphinsAllTheWay » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:21 pm

yeah i think im gonna trade him...i just have a bad feeling....i have lots of depth at RB(Rudi and Mike Anderson on the bench)Ward +one of those RB for and upgrade at WR...........maybe i could get Holt C. Johnson or something....
Patrick Surtain the best DB in the NFL.....period!
DolphinsAllTheWay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:32 pm

Ward is hard to figure. If I remember correctly from 2001- 2003 he was right up there close to T.O. statwise. Now they have a different QB and are totally committed to the running game. Also missing is Plaxico on the other side. I think he will always be a high reception guy so if you play in a point per reception league he is a safer bet. I'm just not sure whether or not he will get the TD's like he once did. And that could be the difference between being the #6 WR and the #16 WR.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:14 pm

The Lung wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:I've decided to bench Hines Ward in week 1 against Tennessee after I drafted him as my #1 WR in one league. Am I nuts?

Who are you starting in place of Ward? The Tenn defense is a vary favorable matchup.

Boldin @ NYG and Driver @ Det
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby The Lung » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:29 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
The Lung wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:I've decided to bench Hines Ward in week 1 against Tennessee after I drafted him as my #1 WR in one league. Am I nuts?

Who are you starting in place of Ward? The Tenn defense is a vary favorable matchup.

Boldin @ NYG and Driver @ Det

Yea, then I would sit Ward and start Driver, who also has a favorable matchup. Wait and see if the Pittsburgh offense has solved their preseason woes.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Previous

Return to Football Talk