Marcel Shipp - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marcel Shipp

Moderator: Football Moderators

Marcel Shipp

Postby sleepers3 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:26 pm

As an Arrington owner I'm am starting to get nervous.Shipp is on fire and Arrington isn't looking so good.Should I be concerned?
Dominick Davis 1500 yards you watch!!!!
sleepers3
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:35 pm

I wouldn't be. I'm in PHX and I haven't heard word 1 about anyone other than JJ being the guy at RB. Denny's a stubborn b*****d, he doesn't like to switch horses in mid-stream.

That being said, anything's possible. If you're that concerned, handcuff Shipp. He's a serviceable back if given the carries.

For What It's Worth.

God Bless the Gulf Coast.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Wolverine » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:20 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:I wouldn't be. I'm in PHX and I haven't heard word 1 about anyone other than JJ being the guy at RB. Denny's a stubborn b*****d, he doesn't like to switch horses in mid-stream.

That being said, anything's possible. If you're that concerned, handcuff Shipp. He's a serviceable back if given the carries.

For What It's Worth.

God Bless the Gulf Coast.

Arrington looked like crap tonight, Denny Green is going to have to decide between being stubborn or shopping for a new QB because that Arrington kid can't block worth s**t.
Wolverine
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The_Commish » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:34 am

I think Arrington will get 2-3 games to prove he can do something.

He's looked like utter crap so far this preseason (there's not one thing he's done well).
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby stikmata » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:34 am

if you have room on your roster... you might as well pick him up... ship was drafted in my league (last 3 years in fact)... and i personally think he'll end up w/ some playing time... if not as an eventual starter, at least the goal-line back.. but i wish JJ luck
stikmata
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Juke » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:05 am

I wouldn't be too worried just yet. Plus, isn't Shipp coming back from a significant injury? If so, I typically like to lay off guys and give them an extra year before drafting them. This means even if Shipp does become the guy (worst case scenerio), he isn't probably someone you would want to have to rely on week in and week out anyway. I would use that space for a Parker, Carolina Back, or perhaps Toefield (I'm getting bad vibes about Fraud making it this year). All those backs are healhty, and conceivably have a chance to be a real impact player for your team if they get the spot. Hence, I would purchase a lottery ticket with them rather than grabbing Shipp as a backup I wouldn't really want to use anyway. Just my two cents worth.
Juke
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk