Fact of Fiction: S Alexander will outperform LT - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fact of Fiction: S Alexander will outperform LT

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fact of Fiction: S Alexander will outperform LT

Postby josebach » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:26 am

I'm seriously leaning towards fact. 2 reasons.
1) Last year, Alexander had a 4.8 YPC average and LT had 3.9 YPC average.
2) This year, Seatle's SOS for RBs is easier than it was last year and San Diego's is harder.

I've pretty much already decided to draft Alexander. Am I crazy?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:40 am

That's not much hard evidence to bank your move on. I'd look past the stats and nto the RB's respective situation. Who looks to be more of a threat out of the backfield, who'll get more carries, things like that, if you aren't impressed with LT's superior talent.
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Matthias » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:50 am

and then look at how many times san diego busted up the over on the vegas line last year.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:58 am

creamdoorthirtyniner wrote:That's not much hard evidence to bank your move on. I'd look past the stats and nto the RB's respective situation. Who looks to be more of a threat out of the backfield, who'll get more carries, things like that, if you aren't impressed with LT's superior talent.

Weeks 14-16 matchups were also key in my decision.

I believe the emergence of the passing game and Antonio Gates in San Diego last year took a lot of emphasis off of pass attemempts to LT. LT's receptions dropped from 100 in 03 to 53 in 04. That's huge. I'm not quite sure why his YPC average was 1.4 yds less in 04 than it was in 03, but it's definitely disturbing. Plus, with the emergence of a solid Backup in Sproles... that very well might cut into his carries. With a solid backup, he'll be given breathers... no question.

All this AND San Diego has to play the AFC East this year?

I'm not saying SA is more talented. It's just that my gut is telling me he'll put up better numbers this year. My gut is usually right.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:02 am

Tomlinson played most of last year hurt and only finished 17 points behind SA in a standard league. Thats about 1 point a week. Nearly negligble, especially since LT had I believe that groin problem. I'd bank on him outperforming SA, if both are injury free.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BigMusky » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:22 am

I have considered this as well...but then you look at who LT2 plays during the playoffs and you gotta take him. Indy and Kansas City in weeks 15/16.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lsufan » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:22 pm

Yea, im kind of torn between these two guy as well. I have the first pick in a league that drafts Wed and can't decide. My gut is also saying SA but the majority think LT2 all the way. The majority is usually right and since I got SA in my yahoo league listed below i'll likely go with LT2 for a change.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Manja » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:19 pm

lsufan wrote:Yea, im kind of torn between these two guy as well. I have the first pick in a league that drafts Wed and can't decide. My gut is also saying SA but the majority think LT2 all the way. The majority is usually right and since I got SA in my yahoo league listed below i'll likely go with LT2 for a change.

Try and trade down a spot.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby johnrambo » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:22 pm

Look at LT2's #S for the last 4 regular season games when he was healthy. He was an animal.
" Who can make a play? T.O. can make a play." T.Owens
johnrambo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:44 pm

Manja wrote:
lsufan wrote:Yea, im kind of torn between these two guy as well. I have the first pick in a league that drafts Wed and can't decide. My gut is also saying SA but the majority think LT2 all the way. The majority is usually right and since I got SA in my yahoo league listed below i'll likely go with LT2 for a change.

Try and trade down a spot.

Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner. If you can get anything for the pick from the #2 guy, go for it.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk