Jimmy Smith losing Job? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Jimmy Smith losing Job?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:01 pm

Jimmy Smith could drop every other ball thrown to him this season and he will still see the most playing time out of any WR in Jacksonville.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Daddymike59 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:47 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Jimmy Smith could drop every other ball thrown to him this season and he will still see the most playing time out of any WR in Jacksonville.


Couldn't have said it better myself. ;-D
Image


Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2915
Joined: 6 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: GOM=30 Home of the Buckeyes

Postby emteesee » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:33 pm

The Jags LED THE LEAGUE in dropped passes last year. No, it wasn't the Seahawks, it was the Jags. The coaching staff hated it and remarked on it consistently. It's the single biggest thing the coaching staff was focusing on coming into this year. Smith has dropped multiple passes this preseason and has caught the coaching staff's attention already because of it. Smith drops every other pass for the first two games and he's done - anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.
emteesee
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 64
Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:19 pm

emteesee wrote:The Jags LED THE LEAGUE in dropped passes last year. No, it wasn't the Seahawks, it was the Jags. The coaching staff hated it and remarked on it consistently. It's the single biggest thing the coaching staff was focusing on coming into this year. Smith has dropped multiple passes this preseason and has caught the coaching staff's attention already because of it. Smith drops every other pass for the first two games and he's done - anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.


and who on JAX is better?
Image
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6113
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Interstorm » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:00 am

once matt jones is up to speed, he HAS to play. they are just a more difficult team to plan for when he is in the lineup. don't know who leaves the starting rotation - but as soon as jones is ready, he'll be in.
Interstorm
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 87
Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:50 am

Interstorm wrote:once matt jones is up to speed, he HAS to play. they are just a more difficult team to plan for when he is in the lineup. don't know who leaves the starting rotation - but as soon as jones is ready, he'll be in.


He's been practicing with the team since May. How much longer does it take to get "up to speed"?
Image
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8283
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Keeping da cafe sucka free for 9 years straight

Postby Interstorm » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:35 pm

dude - 'practicing' and 'playing' are two completely different things. as a coach, i wouldn't - couldn't - justify starting virtually any rookie in the first game of the season on principle alone (try and keep their ego down). throw in that he's got to handle hot routes, adjusting to blitzes or when a defense changes pre-snap...all of these things take a bit of time.

he WILL be starting by the end of the year - i actually have him as one of my offensive rookie of the year candidates...but i just don't see him being a top 2 receiver on that team until at least sometime in october.

side note, though. jacksonville is stupid if they don't get him on the field when they are in the red zone. i'd have him study what he needs to do there more than anything else. line him up outside...if even in a 1 WR formation - the defense really won't be sure what to expect and they'd almost definitly have to slide extra coverage his way.
Interstorm
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 87
Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wesley Walker » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:28 pm

Less than a week to go before kickoff and my blood pressure is high enough. Don't mess with me like this. Please!
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 1687
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Seattle

Postby Lushcrush » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:40 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:Less than a week to go before kickoff and my blood pressure is high enough. Don't mess with me like this. Please!

Didn't you handcuff Jimmy Smith with Matt Jones? Tut tut tut Wesley ... :-b
Image
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3055
Joined: 27 May 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Down at the Spanish Moon ...

Postby Wesley Walker » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:52 pm

Lushcrush wrote:
Wesley Walker wrote:Less than a week to go before kickoff and my blood pressure is high enough. Don't mess with me like this. Please!

Didn't you handcuff Jimmy Smith with Matt Jones? Tut tut tut Wesley ... :-b


Somebody got Jones. But I collected potential cuffs Larry Johnson and Mike Anderson. SO it sort of evens out.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 1687
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Seattle

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:43 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact