Jon Ritchie and Hugh Douglas released? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jon Ritchie and Hugh Douglas released?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jon Ritchie and Hugh Douglas released?

Postby dave416 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:18 pm

Just saw on the bottom line that the Eagles have released these players and sign WR McCants. This is interesting to say the least. Who plays FB for the Birds now? Isn't Thomas Tapeh on the PUP list? And Douglas is a story as well. Couldn't they have held off on signing McCants to save one of these players? Strange. I'm interested to hear some explanations.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby bagobonez » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:19 pm

Douglass is a has been, it's no surprise to see him cut. I figured they'd keep Ritchie though.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:49 pm

seems a little questionable, but there has to be a reason they are amassing this cap room again.

Ritchie semi-suprises me, but hugh is a "has been" as bag put it. He is just a name at this point.

Inicdentally, Josh Parry is the fullback now. I think they will probably resign ritchie after the second game. the eagles have done similar moves like that for cap purposes. although carrying two full backs if you don't give them carries doesn't usually happen.

Just my feeling, the eagles are setting thmselves up to do something else, either resing westbrook or something.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:50 pm

i meant to add that hugh has looked borderline this preseason against the second/third stringers
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dave416 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:56 pm

eaglesrule wrote:i meant to add that hugh has looked borderline this preseason against the second/third stringers

I understand Hugh, was more surprised about Ritchie. Even if they intend to re-sign him, are they not running to risk of someone else trying the pick him up?
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:22 pm

well I would guess so. I heard he isn't running all that fast.

I think what the problem is that these veterans would have gotten guranteed money if they had started that first game.

I'm sure that if indeed it was the case, then they had some agreement.

In all reality either the Eagles knew something about ritchie that we don't, or they made a mistake? Parry kinda sucks. Well, not just kinda.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk