keeper question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

keeper question

Moderator: Football Moderators

keeper question

Postby waricks » Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:49 pm

I am in a keeper league and I am still kinda new to the fantasy scene. I am allowed to keep two players from last year and my best choices are.
1- D. Culpepper
2- T. Owens
3- C. Martin

I know my best bet for QB is to keep Culpepper but I am not sure which to choose for my other player - Owens or Martin? Any suggestions?

Bill
waricks
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ned » Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:21 pm

What are your chances of drafting a top tier RB or WR? I would rank Owens above Martin head to head, but it's harder to get a good RB than a good WR. If you can draft a good WR then definitely go with Martin. Actually, if you keep both perhaps you can draft a QB earlier than you might otherwise and do as well or better than Culp?
Ned
Water Boy
Water Boy

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby cwebb » Tue Aug 20, 2002 12:48 pm

You have three top guys there, not an easy choice but keeping Martin is a good idea, because many guys will keep their RBs and quite some QBs and WRs will be available.

Keep Martin and try to figure out how many good QBs will be available with your first pick... maybe you can get Favre who is lower than Culpepper on most cheat sheets but is a good QB to have.

On the other hand WR is the position with the most sleeper candidates and surprises each year and even without a top tier receiver you can get agreat group of WRs. Still, keeping Owens over Culpepper should have a better effect on your team if you can grab a good QB early in the draft.
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Naked Postman » Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:34 pm

Man, you have to keep Owens. He's the MAN! Curtis Martin is getting up there in age, and they keep talking about using Lamont Jordan more. Stick with Owens!
Naked Postman
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

keeper

Postby captain » Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:12 pm

i am in a keeper league also everyone kept their backs, they are by far the hardest to come by. next would be top 10 qb's.
captain

Friendliness: %

Postby n_tremain23 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:33 pm

Yea,you definately want to stick with Cullpepper,after that I would say probably stick with Curtis Martin.Your going to have a better chance getting a solid WR than a RB.Some picks you might want to consider for your draft is Plaxico Burress,who had a tremendoes year last year considering he only turned on in the second half,James Thrash,Laveranues Coles,Marty Booker,and Peter Warrick are all really solid WR who will probably be available to you in the draft.
n_tremain23

Thanks!!

Postby waricks » Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:38 pm

Lots of good advice here. I really appreciate it!

Bill
waricks
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Football Talk