Fujita to Dallas... Dallas has had quite a day... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fujita to Dallas... Dallas has had quite a day...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fujita to Dallas... Dallas has had quite a day...

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:57 pm

Didn't see this before...

but even if it was preposted, I'd like to discuss Dallas' moves today.

KFFL wrote:Chiefs | Fujita Traded to Dallas
Sat, 3 Sep 2005 15:38:52 -0700

The Dallas Cowboys have traded a sixth-round draft pick in 2006 and a conditional draft pick in 2007 to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for LB Scott Fujita.

Pros:

*Signed Price (speed WR, had good connections with Bledsoe)
*Traded for Fujita (traded practically nothing to provide good depth to our already beefed up LB corps... not to mention will be useful in tutoring the younger guys)
*Released Sean Ryan (scrub)
*Released Lynn Scott (also scrub)

Cons:

*Released PK Nick Novak (promising rookie, in my opinion, and I don't like the idea of Mr. XFL taking the reigns)
*Released Leonardo Carson (Id've liked to keep him on as a backup)
*Released Kurt Vollers (considering our OL depth is terrible, as our starting RT is a 6th round draft pick ROOKIE, I'd have liked him to stay on as well)

All in all, the pluses definitely outweigh the minuses. And with the addition of Fujita, I think Dallas continues to look like a solid team...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Charlie24 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:02 pm

Parcells recently stated that the WRs currently on the roster were "alright" so adding a deep threat to go with KJ, Glenn, Witten and Crayton is huge. We should be able to really spread the field now with Price and Glenn and maybe Keyshawn in the slot as the possession WR as well as Witten
Fujita is also huge because most of our LBs are very young and adding a veteran can only help Ware, Burnett, and co.

I agree with you on most of the cons. I'm really worried about our K situation and novak showed some promise but my understanding is that he wasnt very good at kickoffs, which is one of the reasons why Cortez won the job... Carson was a good role player who I agree we should have kept but we still have good D-line depth... Releasing Vollers was terrible IMO we now have to rely on a sixth rounder (who apparently has been turning heads but still ) as our starter and we dont seem to have any depth whatsoever. Rogers, Vollers, and Tyson are all gone so all we have left is Tucker
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:31 pm

Charlie24 wrote:Parcells recently stated that the WRs currently on the roster were "alright" so adding a deep threat to go with KJ, Glenn, Witten and Crayton is huge. We should be able to really spread the field now with Price and Glenn and maybe Keyshawn in the slot as the possession WR as well as Witten
Fujita is also huge because most of our LBs are very young and adding a veteran can only help Ware, Burnett, and co.

I agree with you on most of the cons. I'm really worried about our K situation and novak showed some promise but my understanding is that he wasnt very good at kickoffs, which is one of the reasons why Cortez won the job... Carson was a good role player who I agree we should have kept but we still have good D-line depth... Releasing Vollers was terrible IMO we now have to rely on a sixth rounder (who apparently has been turning heads but still ) as our starter and we dont seem to have any depth whatsoever. Rogers, Vollers, and Tyson are all gone so all we have left is Tucker

Haha... I just realized that you are a Dodger fan and Cowboy fan. If only that was Dirk instead of Kobe, we'd be identical...

Anyways, My only concern is that there is a possibility that Price might not get the PT he deserves over Parcells' favorites KJ and especially Glenn (who I think Price should be higher than on the depth chart). As for Fujita, I know that our 3-4 defense this year is widely based on rotation... so we should have a fresh defense with great depth next year...

OLB: DeMarcus, Alshermond, Fujita, Burnett, etc.
MLB: Nguyen, Bradie James, also Alshermond...
DE: Spears, Ellis, Canty, Kenyon Coleman...
DT: Glover, Ferguson...
CB: Newman, Glenn, Henry
FS: Davis
SS: Woodson

sounds good to me... ;-D

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Manja » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:37 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:FS: Davis

sounds good to me... ;-D

I miss him too, man. But Woodson's gone.. we've got to move on... :~( :-b
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:39 pm

I didn't even see that they got Fujita but that's a nice pickup. That coupled with the Price signing makes a day in Dallas. Definately two big pluses. ;-D
QB- M. Vick
WR- J. Jones, M. Colston
RB- R. Rice, J. Charles
TE- A. Hernandez
FLEX- D. McFadden, F. Jackson
K- G. Zuerlein
DEF- Miami

B- T. Romo, J. Kerley, K. Hunter, V. Ballard, D. Thomas, B. Myers, S. Suisham
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:42 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
Charlie24 wrote:Parcells recently stated that the WRs currently on the roster were "alright" so adding a deep threat to go with KJ, Glenn, Witten and Crayton is huge. We should be able to really spread the field now with Price and Glenn and maybe Keyshawn in the slot as the possession WR as well as Witten

Haha... I just realized that you are a Dodger fan and Cowboy fan. If only that was Dirk instead of Kobe, we'd be identical...

Anyways, My only concern is that there is a possibility that Price might not get the PT he deserves over Parcells' favorites KJ and especially Glenn (who I think Price should be higher than on the depth chart). As for Fujita, I know that our 3-4 defense this year is widely based on rotation... so we should have a fresh defense with great depth next year...

OLB: DeMarcus, Alshermond, Fujita, Burnett, etc.
MLB: Nguyen, Bradie James, also Alshermond...
DE: Spears, Ellis, Canty, Kenyon Coleman...
DT: Glover, Ferguson...
CB: Newman, Glenn, Henry
FS: Davis

sounds good to me... ;-D

Woodson? Williams....Woodson's not coming back man. We have to come together as a group and move on.

As for the moves...I like Price and Fujita. They should be good fill ins. I don't agree Price should be ahead of Glenn on the depth charts. He hasn't proven anything the last 2 years. Lets see if he can still play before we make him our #2. As a #3 he could be leathal, but we'll see.

I can't believe they cut Vollers. I fully expected Petitti to start because he was playing so well. But now we have no depth to give these guys a breather. I thought the reason Vollers wasn't handed the job in the first place was because he could play both T and G. And we needed that kind of versatillity in the rotation. This move makes no sense. :-t
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:49 am

Well, I don't know about all those other dudes, but I think that Fujita guy is a good player. I don't know why KC released him. Last year it seemed like he got in on a ton of tackles...I always remembered hearing his name during Chiefs games.

Anyway, good job Cowboys. They look like they could make some noise this year or make the NFC less of a laughing stock anyway. :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:03 am

Hahahahaha... my bad guys.

SS: Williams

I just am so used to associating "Woodson" with "Dallas Strong Safety". Sigh... :-°

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:05 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Well, I don't know about all those other dudes, but I think that Fujita guy is a good player. I don't know why KC released him. Last year it seemed like he got in on a ton of tackles...I always remembered hearing his name during Chiefs games.

Anyway, good job Cowboys. They look like they could make some noise this year or make the NFC less of a laughing stock anyway. :-b

Fujita was traded, not released. But he was traded cheaply... might have well been a release... a 6th rounder next year and a conditional (probably another 6th rounder) in 2007...

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby proKrastinate » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:55 am

I dont know the numbers, but Fujita was the chiefs leading tackler the last two seasons. Whether that makes a difference or not i dunno. Kinda scewed information I guess knowing what the Cheifs defense was (or wasn't) and not knowing how many actual tackles it was.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk