eagles hording cap room? why? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

eagles hording cap room? why?

Moderator: Football Moderators

eagles hording cap room? why?

Postby rouge agent » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:43 am

for a team 15 m +after final cuts, under the cap, with westbrook and M. lewis to sign, not to mention the whining owens, do you thik they are brininging someone big in? i doubt they will give owens a dime and there are no huge F/A out there to my knowlege whats going to happen? anybody.........
rouge agent
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:52 am

THey always do this. That's how they stay out of cap trouble. It's probably also why they never can win the big one, although they finally opened the wallet up a little when they signed Jevon Kearse and Owens.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:56 am

because the snyder way (or the cowboys way) is so successful?

That's what I don't get when people knock the eagles for having cap room.

Just because you can spend money doesn' tmean you should. They aren't going to overpay, and I agree with them. Who viably would have been a great off-season signing for them? There wasn't anyone who would have been worth it for big dollars anyway. It is a waste to sign a totally big name rb. I think they could have signed an anthony thomas type, and another decent wr, but that isn't going to crack the bank either. Their defense is basically accounted for, and they had a fair offer for simon. But they weren't going to overpay. I just don't get why people think they should spend it just because its there.

When good FA's were avaiable, they paid kearse and to. Unfortunately, there wasn't really that type of impact player that would fit in on the eagles too this off-season.

Seems to me the pats are very wise with their money too. besides, some of this money will obviously go to resigning westbrook and perhaps extending dawkins and owens in the offseason,. the corners, trotter, kearse, michael lewis, donovan and the younger offensive players are all "set" anyway.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tpetty6320 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:27 pm

it is actually pretty simple. the eagles are waiting to see how the falcons beat them the first game of the year and then they will respond by filling in the needed gaps...........

no eaglesrule is right. that is how you avoid cap trouble when someone unexpectantly goes down..
tpetty6320
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:13 pm

so they can sign lamar gordon.

boo ya. just kidding, I don't know how I feel about it all, but signing mccants and gordon gets bodies in there, lowers the cap, and maybe they resign westbrook and TO now? just a thought.

They could probabyl do TO safely if he plays a game or two. They made it clear that holding out wouldn't work, and made an example of him.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:13 pm

eaglesrule wrote:because the snyder way (or the cowboys way) is so successful?

Just because you can spend money doesn' tmean you should. They aren't going to overpay, and I agree with them. Who viably would have been a great off-season signing for them? There wasn't anyone who would have been worth it for big dollars anyway. It is a waste to sign a totally big name rb. I think they could have signed an anthony thomas type, and another decent wr, but that isn't going to crack the bank either. Their defense is basically accounted for, and they had a fair offer for simon. But they weren't going to overpay. I just don't get why people think they should spend it just because its there.

When good FA's were avaiable, they paid kearse and to. Unfortunately, there wasn't really that type of impact player that would fit in on the eagles too this off-season.

Seems to me the pats are very wise with their money too. besides, some of this money will obviously go to resigning westbrook and perhaps extending dawkins and owens in the offseason,. the corners, trotter, kearse, michael lewis, donovan and the younger offensive players are all "set" anyway.

actually, I think Dallas still has a fair bit of cap room...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bagobonez » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:52 pm

eaglesrule wrote:because the snyder way (or the cowboys way) is so successful?

Ease down, buddy. I wasn't knocking them. Actually I was, but I was complimenting them too. I was complimenting the fact that they are good at staying under the cap, but knocking them for not being able to get over the hump.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk