Week 16.....almost every game is played on Saturday? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 16.....almost every game is played on Saturday?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 16.....almost every game is played on Saturday?

Postby dave416 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:19 am

So I get this pocket NFL schedule today. And I see that Christmas falls on a Sunday this year. So the majority of the games will be played on Saturday in week 16 (The exceptions are Minny at Baltimore, and Chicago at GB on Christmas, and I believe a few other games that are played Monday and Thurs, correct me if I am wrong). Just thought it was interesting with the short week for some teams, and the fact that I have never seen this before. This will also fall while many leagues decide their playoffs and championships.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:32 am

Yeah, normally some games are played on Saturday during the last few weeks of the season, but not all of them. Once college football is done, they like to spread out the games to get more viewers.

I don't think it will really cause much of a problem...everyone will be on the same playing field as far as rest time. You just have to make sure your lineup is in a day ahead of time. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bost0n » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:57 pm

Gotta love the Christmas games. Looks good to me.
irock
bost0n
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:45 am

Any idea of how this will affect the Sunday Ticket? Last year the games that were on Saturday were all on the major networks and Sunday Ticket didn't show them. Even the games that got moved to Saturday (Miami early?) that didn't have a big network carrying them didn't show up on Sunday Ticket...

Will these games?
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:18 am

lmcjaho wrote:Any idea of how this will affect the Sunday Ticket? Last year the games that were on Saturday were all on the major networks and Sunday Ticket didn't show them. Even the games that got moved to Saturday (Miami early?) that didn't have a big network carrying them didn't show up on Sunday Ticket...

Will these games?
Starting last season Sunday ticket signed something with the local networks so that any game that is on your local stations (the Fox and CBS in your area) is blacked out on your Sunday ticket. And then they make the price for it higher. :-t It sucks, but I'm sure it will be the same this year. The more spread out the games are, the more that will be able to be on your local stations. Generally they'd show your local teams (in my case Atlanta and Carolina) but if they aren't playing I'm sure they'll have the only game that's on showing; which means Sunday ticket will have it blacked out in your area.

Last year I tried unplugging my receiver from the phone jack to see if it still picked up that those games are being showed on local TV...it didn't work. So it looks like we're stuck.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:17 pm

M_Zimm_ffc wrote:Starting last season Sunday ticket signed something with the local networks so that any game that is on your local stations (the Fox and CBS in your area) is blacked out on your Sunday ticket. And then they make the price for it higher. :-t It sucks, but I'm sure it will be the same this year. The more spread out the games are, the more that will be able to be on your local stations. Generally they'd show your local teams (in my case Atlanta and Carolina) but if they aren't playing I'm sure they'll have the only game that's on showing; which means Sunday ticket will have it blacked out in your area.

Last year I tried unplugging my receiver from the phone jack to see if it still picked up that those games are being showed on local TV...it didn't work. So it looks like we're stuck.

Hmmm... I'm in Canada so their isn't really a "local" team for me - but one of the Buffalo games did get blacked out last year - only one I can remember to be honest...

Will have to keep an eye on this...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk