Kevin Jones... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Jones...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Chief cheat sheet » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:29 am

Wesley Walker wrote:
Chief cheat sheet wrote:I have Kevin Jones in every league I'm in. Five leagues. It's safe to say I expect big things from KJ.

Ever heard of the word "diversify?"

I stick to the gameplan. I worry about injuries if/when they happen.
After this, they'll raise my hand in victory like the statue of liberty.
Chief cheat sheet
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:43 am

Wow, you guys join way too many leagues. I think two is plenty. Otherwise you eventually end up owning over half of the players in fantasy football. What's the point?

Is the idea that if you join enough leagues, you'll win one of them?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wizbang » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:28 am

Worried about the OL? It's hardly a great OL but it shouldn't be any worse than last year and will probably be better. Behind that somewhat poor OL last year KJ tore it up in the last 7 games and (in my league) outscored all but three other RBs. That included the outscoring Julius Jones in the last six and coming very close to McGahee over that stretch (who with a rook QB is still going in the top 5). A 7 game stretch is long enough to build a confidence level IMO.

Further, all Detroit has done is add to that offense. Roy Williams is healthy. Charles Rogers is healthy (for now). Pollard is a major upgrade and Mike Williams and Kevin Johnson are far better depth than Tai Streets and Az Hakim.

My biggest concern with KJ is health (specifically his ankle) and scoring TDs (if Harrington bombs - a definite possibility). Even so KJ scored 5 TDs in the final 7 last year and that isn't too bad. Make no mistake, KJ will be the focus of the Lions offense this season. IMO he's a decent #1 RB with good potential. At the end of the first round or beginning of the second he's a good value pick.
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Teh Jury » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:30 am

Wesley Walker wrote:
Chief cheat sheet wrote:I have Kevin Jones in every league I'm in. Five leagues. It's safe to say I expect big things from KJ.

Ever heard of the word "diversify?"

But if you diversify, you won't know who to root for! :-D
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:35 am

My biggest concern right now with KJ is that Sledge may miss the first few games, and we know that having one of the best runblocking FBs in the league out absolutely will affect the running game. KJ may start out a bit slow because of this - just something to think about.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:04 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:My biggest concern right now with KJ is that Sledge may miss the first few games, and we know that having one of the best runblocking FBs in the league out absolutely will affect the running game. KJ may start out a bit slow because of this - just something to think about.

I hope that's all it is. I know it's preseason, but that offense looks pathetic, and it's making me quite nervous as the season approaches starting KJ as my #2. I am considering Anderson over him right now because they have looked so bad. Not time to panic yet I suppose, but I might have him on a very short leash indeed.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Re: um

Postby jblank » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:07 am

mystykoekaki wrote:Interesting, I stayed clear of KJ in ALL my drafts this year (7). I just dont like that O-Line....looks horrible IMO which translates into less RB production. I'd rather have a Julius instead.

Its the preseason, dont bank too much on it. Would you not take Peyton Manning because the Colts are 0-5 in the preseason?
jblank
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mrider » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:55 am

I saw that game but I heard hes alright just day to day. I may be wrong.
mrider
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Re: um

Postby Teh Jury » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:50 am

jblank wrote:
mystykoekaki wrote:Interesting, I stayed clear of KJ in ALL my drafts this year (7). I just dont like that O-Line....looks horrible IMO which translates into less RB production. I'd rather have a Julius instead.

Its the preseason, dont bank too much on it. Would you not take Peyton Manning because the Colts are 0-5 in the preseason?

I like how your signature attempts to boost your "rep." I should add something like that too :-D
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jblank » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:19 pm

I am not trying to "boost my rep", I just play the game like you guys do and I am proud of the times I have won so I put it in my sig. I'm no expert, but I will offer my thoughts and opinions to anyone that is looking for help, and I ask for advice just like everyone else does. I certainly dont mean for it to come off like bragging, I am just proud to have won those leagues, especially since the NFL.com ones were (and still are) competitive.
jblank
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk