Conflict of emotions, what to do as commish? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Conflict of emotions, what to do as commish?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Timbathia » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:15 pm

jdogg_ffc wrote:As a commish you def. have to let it slide. As a owner you could vote against any trade or move the 5 do etc.

This is the crux of it here. You have to be a fair commish, but I would definitely use my one vote as an owner to say NO every time a trade was put up by these guys. In fact, I would get the other guy who you were trying to trade with, plus the 3 that voted yes, and form a 5-man trade-bustin team and stop anything that these other 5 guys put up for the whole season.

Dont be the "bigger" man, that may work in some situations, but it sure has no place in FFL.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:54 pm

Thanks guys, appreciate the help. ;-D
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby jdogg_ffc » Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:00 pm

Timbathia wrote:
jdogg_ffc wrote:As a commish you def. have to let it slide. As a owner you could vote against any trade or move the 5 do etc.

This is the crux of it here. You have to be a fair commish, but I would definitely use my one vote as an owner to say NO every time a trade was put up by these guys. In fact, I would get the other guy who you were trying to trade with, plus the 3 that voted yes, and form a 5-man trade-bustin team and stop anything that these other 5 guys put up for the whole season.

Dont be the "bigger" man, that may work in some situations, but it sure has no place in FFL.

Yeah but what the "fun" in that?

Just let it go!!!!!!!
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Timbathia » Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:22 pm

jdogg_ffc wrote:
Timbathia wrote:

Yeah but what the "fun" in that?

Just let it go!!!!!!!

You dont find fun in screwing over people that deserve it?????????

What is the world coming to?
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mnheadliner » Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:22 pm

I would also have half a mind to just veto vote anything coming from one of the "5" owners. However, you are the comish, and that role carries a burden of fairness, even if you feel (and you did) you got screwed! As Denny Green would say, "Take the high road."

Now....something the others havent mentioned. I would be PISSED if this happened to me again. So, if I were in your shoes I would say that I have lost all the fun of being the comish and after this season is over with I will be stepping down and somone else will have to be the comish. Then, you could take the "low road" or as I call it the "whats fair is fair road" and veto vote those 5 all season long. Being Comish is enough hard work and when the fun is taken out of a league it just isn't worth it.
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jdogg_ffc » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:46 am

I admit I do enjoy getting back at people that screw me but a league with no trades would be boring to me.

What I enjoy about FF
1. Winning
2. Trading
3. Waiver Wire
4. Sleepers who make good.
5. And of course "talking smack"
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby aussieboy » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:01 am

Wesley Walker wrote:I'm a big, bug beleiver in the simplicity and automation of free Yahoo leagues. The commish can set trades to be voted on by all on-interested parties, and only a majority veto kills the trade.

But then again, one can't trade draft picks in Yahoo leagues either.

I hate that idea, because people just press the Veto button to be idiots, or because they don't like how one team improves their team.

The ONLY reason a trade should be vetoed is if collusion exists. Otherwise it's too subjective. In my local league, i leave the trades pending for 2 days, in that time people can publicly or privately vote to veto the trade, they HAVE to give reasons though. If the reasons are suspected collusion and the majority vote to veto, then the trading parties are informed of the league vote. The trading parties then have an opportunity to explain themselves. If a sutiable explanaition isnt given then the trade is vetoed.

Thus far, no trade has ever been vetoed.

The idea is to make it hard for people to request a veto, you sholdnt just be able to request a veto for fun. It's a serious thing, you're basically accusing somone of cheating. If you want to vote for veto, you better have a good reason for doing so.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk