Do these WR look of for week 4? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Do these WR look of for week 4?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do these WR look of for week 4?

Postby girlygal » Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:53 am

I need 3 WR's.

I think I have decided on R.Smith, C.Chambers & D.Stallworth.

Does this sound okay?

The others to choose from are: J.Thrash, K.McCardell, D.Bates.

I have a side question too... Steve Smith is listed as FA, do you think I should drop any of these guys and pick him up? He seems to have some pretty good numbers... but frankly I don't really know much about football...lol.. so I don't know if it's a fluke or if he's worth having over the guys I have.

Thanks for your input :-)
girlygal
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sparky2 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:43 am

The three WRs that you mentioned are good. As for dropping someone to pick up Steve Smith could be a wash. However, Carolina plays Arizona, Dallas and Atlanta all in succession after this week. What I understand is that Smith is the #2 go to receiver and if Mushin is hurt he would be #1 this week. Its purely a gamble but could be a better bet than McCardell who has to share with Keyshawn.
sparky2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Ronbo » Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:38 pm

I'd consider dropping Bates or McCardell for S. Smith. Muhsin has a history of hammy problems. He'll be dealing with it all year. Smith has to rise to the #1 role. With Rodney Peete gaining confidence after getting out of the wheelchair, you might continue to see more of a passing game. Carolina is a suspect 3-0 team, but confidence builds champions. Who knows how far they can go.
Ronbo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby terpfan » Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:24 pm

id drop bates for smith
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:45 pm

I agree with terp,grab Smith especially with Muhammed being hurt.Also Thrash is a viable option this week,maybe slide him in there over Stallworth.Saints playin' Lions tho,that's a tough call.you should be OK either way.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk