Donte Stallworth - First year no hype - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Donte Stallworth - First year no hype

Moderator: Football Moderators

Donte Stallworth - First year no hype

Postby tadinator » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:55 pm

Anyone notice no one's saying anything about this guy this year? I know he's never lived up to the hype but...

They're using him some in the slot this year and he's still got the middle to deep threat as one of the fastest receivers in the game. I know Horn's the man and still will be but Stallworth put up around 770 yards with 5 TDs last year. If the preseason is any indication of his increased role in the slot, he puts up 1,000 yards with 7 - 10 TDs with the potential for better. I think he'll turn out a solid #2 WR performance this year.
tadinator
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:59 pm

i think stallworth is a good value pick anyways. He can be had very late in drafts because people are tired of hearing the hype on him. I took him in the second to last round of my draft and im happy. Could turn out to be an okay number 2 rb but wouldnt expect to much from him.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CKY_ROX » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:38 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:i think stallworth is a good value pick anyways. He can be had very late in drafts because people are tired of hearing the hype on him. I took him in the second to last round of my draft and im happy. Could turn out to be an okay number 2 rb but wouldnt expect to much from him.

little typo there.

I take him every year, but this year i think that he will preform and have nice value. I like him as a sleeper pick this year ;-D :-B

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:15 pm

yeah i obviously meant wr.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Donte Stallworth - First year no hype

Postby Wesley Walker » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:57 pm

tadinator wrote:Anyone notice no one's saying anything about this guy this year? I know he's never lived up to the hype but...

No I didn't notice. On the contrary, I notice quite a lot of hype. Mostly to the tune of "Donte Stallworth is a huge sleeper." He's probably a bit undervalued right now, so he's a good fraft value. Still, he could conceivably go undrafted in a 10-team, 15-slot league. LIke if each team carries an average of 4.5 wide recivers -- that's 45 WRs drafted. That means Donte would have to be one of the 15 best WRs to not be considered an NFL team's #1 WR. Right?

Maybe the logic is a bit sketchy, but I wouldn't take Donte particularly early in any draft.

Sleeper. Still asleep.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby scb175 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:42 pm

I still think that guys like Calico and Curry, who are on most waiver wires will have better seasons than Stallworth. That's just my point of view... but i'm usually right anyways
scb175
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Slingblade » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:36 pm

scb175 wrote:I still think that guys like Calico and Curry, who are on most waiver wires will have better seasons than Stallworth. That's just my point of view... but i'm usually right anyways

Wrong.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby scb175 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:49 pm

Slingblade wrote:
Wrong.

You say "wrong" like Stallworth has proven something in the past. He hasnt, and this season wont be any different. Why get excited over him? I got him on my team also, but i'm not expecting much besides dropping him after week 4 like I do every season.
scb175
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tadinator » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:04 pm

I'm not overly high on him either, but I will say the addition of his role in the slot may elevate him to a good #2 FF receiver because he should get some extra possession receptions. He has so far.

And I guess I just haven't read or heard as much about him this year as last or the year before, out of the Saints organization or FF players in general. Maybe I just haven't noticed it.
tadinator
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby PSU All Day » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:39 am

I picked up Stallworth in the 14th round of my 15 round draft as my #4 Wr.

I think he will quietly have a good year.
"There are Lies, Big Lies, and then Statistics"

"Value Based Drafting is your friend!"
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk