Lamar Gordon for Keenan McCardell - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lamar Gordon for Keenan McCardell

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lamar Gordon for Keenan McCardell

Postby Ronbo » Fri Sep 27, 2002 7:25 am

I'm in a quandry trying to deepen my backfield. I currently have the following:

RB: Shaun Alexander, Emmitt Smith, Charlie Garner & William Green.

WR: Marvin Harrison, Tim Brown, Brian Finnernan, Steve Smith, Deion Branch and Keenan McCardell.

Weekly we start 3 RB's and 3 WR's. So since Wm. Green is killing me, I was thinking of dropping McCardell and picking up Lamar Gordon in hopes that Faulk is going down for awhile after the Cowboys game.

What do you think?
Ronbo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JayM09 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:49 am

faulk is expected to start, so dont get gordon, i would drop william green and get jamel white or keep an eye on deshaun foster. when he comes back from injury he should have an impact. just a thought
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ronbo » Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:39 pm

I can't get rid of Green because both White and Foster are taken. This is a deep league. About 50 RB's are already rostered.
Ronbo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Vikings » Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:24 pm

You may as well drop Green, but I wouldn't pick up Gordan. Faulk's injury was not serious and he seems to stay healthy....

If your pickings are slim, see if any of these are available on the waiver wires (in this order):

TJ Ducket
Moe Williams
Foster

I'd even rather have Olandis Gary or Mike Anderson over Green.
Vikings
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JayM09 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:29 pm

since you are in a deep league without any attractive free agents, I feel the only way to improve your team is through a trade. Good Luck
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ronbo » Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:17 pm

Everyone is afraid of trades in my league. It's almost impossible to work out something where both parties win. But, as you said, there are no running backs left. The only think to gamble on is someone going down. So you look at a Faulk situation where he could be one hit from being out for the season. Yes, he's about as resilent as they come. Gosh, I wish I had him as my #1 pick. But you never know. Plus, with Canidate dropping to #3, you have to look at a Gordon for your #5 RB. If nothing else, perhaps as a goof.

But, with the other three semi-studs on my roster, you really can't be "goofing" around. I'm really getting screwed on Alexander this year. Holmgren should have beefed up the O-line. It's killing me man. Does anybody have any hope for the guy that was ranked the #2 RB in most of all the cheat sheets this year?
Ronbo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JayM09 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:55 pm

this is the game that will decide if alexander is a bust or not, my feeling is that he should post good numbers. if he cant run on minnesota's D, then something is seriously wrong.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk