P.Edinger kicking for Vikings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

P.Edinger kicking for Vikings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:37 am

lmcjaho wrote:
mrider wrote:Edinger used to be aweosme and is still pretty good I dont understand why the Bills went after him Rian Lindell is terrible.

Can you try that again in English? At first it seems you are saying you like Edinger then you seem to be questioning why the Bills would go after him and then you close with a negative comment about Lindell - what the **** were you actually trying to say?

haha....this whole thread is strange in its own right :-b

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:42 am

IRON CHEF wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:
mrider wrote:Edinger used to be aweosme and is still pretty good I dont understand why the Bills went after him Rian Lindell is terrible.

Can you try that again in English? At first it seems you are saying you like Edinger then you seem to be questioning why the Bills would go after him and then you close with a negative comment about Lindell - what the **** were you actually trying to say?

no kidding... any thread hailing Edinger is bizarre.

Top 12? The guy is a CAREER 75% kicker. He is BAD.

Compare to "crappy" Lindell, who kicks 76%. Doug Brien, who so many called a horrible kicker after the Steeler playoff game, kicks a career 81%.

Edge sucks. I stand by that.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Teh Jury » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:52 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
IRON CHEF wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:

no kidding... any thread hailing Edinger is bizarre.

Compare to "crappy" Lindell, who kicks 76%. Doug Brien, who so many called a horrible kicker after the Steeler playoff game, kicks a career 81%.

Edge sucks. I stand by that.

I agree that he sucks, it just blows my mind as to why you're calling him "Edge..."
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SniperShot » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:59 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:

But you have to remember where has his "career" been played? In Chicago the windy city. would you rather kick there or inside a dome? Mark my words Edge will be a top 10 kicker this year for fantasy football. Lets all track his progress through the year and I'll start him every week. I found his career stats and for somebody who you hate you sure know his stats well: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/187530

75.3% actually.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Goatwhacker » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:06 am

SniperShot wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:

But you have to remember where has his "career" been played? In Chicago the windy city. would you rather kick there or inside a dome? Mark my words Edge will be a top 10 kicker this year for fantasy football. Lets all track his progress through the year and I'll start him every week. I found his career stats and for somebody who you hate you sure know his stats well: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/187530

75.3% actually.

As a Bears fan, I was not sad to see him go. He used to be very accurate although didn't have the strongest leg. In the past year and a half his accuracy has suffered playing in the same windy city he was playing in before. I don't think you can blame his dropoff in accuracy on weather conditions since the conditions were the same every year. If I remember correctly his accuracy has been around 50% the past year and a half.

I don't remember him being called Edge by anyone until this thread.

Edit: Went back and checked NFL.com - since midseason 2003 he has been 59% so not as bad as I wrote but still not very good.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:26 am

Hmmm...Kevin Butler was a pretty darn good kicker as I recollect, I just wish I could remember what team he played for....maybe the Bears in THE WINDY CITY? No excuse. Maybe standing with your back to the play might have something to do with inaccuracy. Good luck Vikes. He'll tease you with 4 in a game, a 40, a 46, a 32 and a 52 yarder, then he'll miss 27 yarders in 8 straight games. He sucks. Bad. :-t
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:39 am

SniperShot wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:

75.3% actually.

yes... as it turns out, when I lambast somebody, I do my homework first, instead of talking out of my ass. funny how that works.

Oh, and some more stats for you. From other weather-harshened cities...

Ryan Longwell... career all in Green Bay, Wisconsin (which is not known for its palm trees and sandy beaches), 82% Oh, wait, 82.4%

Matt Stover kicked his whole career in Cleveland and Baltimore (not terrible, but not great conditions), 83%. Oh no, sorry, 82.7%

Adam Vinatieri, kicks in Foxboro, Mass... 82% (oh, no, 82.1%)

all these players play in the open... no domes. And what was Edge's (yeah, I know... I call him Edge. A habit I can't break) stats? 75%? Hmmm... I see some sort of pattern emerging here...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk