O-line? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Arizona Cardinals

O-line?

Moderator: Football Moderators

O-line?

Postby lparsons » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:39 am

I've been excited about this team this year, but I can't help but think it feels like the same old song... "If the O-Line can hold up..." But they haven't looked good. Can the line pull together in time for them to hold off strahan and Giants? Or will the Defense get to Eli enough it won't matter?
Lance
lparsons
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:19 am

I think there's reason to be concerned. With Warner at the helm and a rookie RB, the Cardinals will need a very strong performance from the offensive line (ok, so does everyone else, but the unit might be even more crucial to this team than to most others), and I'm not sure the guys they have will be up to the challenge. We'll see, but I share your concerns...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lparsons » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:22 pm

I'm pickin' the Cards in the season opener, 20-13. Not too much scoring as both Ds are better than the Os. However, I think the Cards D will be just too much for young Eli and he'll be eating grass all day long. Warner won't fare too much better, but I think experience and better WRs will be the difference.
Lance
lparsons
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Broncmet » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:53 pm

The O-line has to do a great job for the Cardinals to do as well as lot of so called experts have said.
Broncmet
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cards24 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:48 pm

Broncmet wrote:The O-line has to do a great job for the Cardinals to do as well as lot of so called experts have said.

Pretty much says it all. Warner having the most rushing yards with 11 for the game against the Giants will not take us anywere.

Also throwing 46 times a game wont help.
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby lparsons » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:03 pm

There's no doubt there were problems with the line this past week. The question is, how quickly can Stepanovich get healthy and once he does, how quickly can the line gel and start giving the Cards a chance. Lynch really struggled and at times he completely missed blocks, so the situation is bound to improve... :-?
Lance
lparsons
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby peak80 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:36 pm

lparsons wrote:I'm pickin' the Cards in the season opener, 20-13. Not too much scoring as both Ds are better than the Os. However, I think the Cards D will be just too much for young Eli and he'll be eating grass all day long. Warner won't fare too much better, but I think experience and better WRs will be the difference.

nice pick
peak80
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Arizona Cardinals