Frank Gore - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to San Francisco 49ers

Frank Gore

Moderator: Football Moderators

Frank Gore

Postby jasonhightower » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:25 am

Can you guys give me some info on this guy? Is he worth keeping on my FF roster?

I see the problems with offensive line, so I am wondering if he is worth the roster spot.
jasonhightower
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:21 pm

Depends, is it redraft or keeper/dynasty? How many teams in your league? How many draft rds?

If it's a redraft league in a 10-12 teamer, I'd say he has marginal value unless Barlow completely flops or is injured. If it's a keeper or deeper league, grab him and hold him. There's a good chance that he could see some pretty good time come year end.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Al Del Greco » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:14 pm

i think nolan has a short leash on barlow. gore could see some carries but i dont think anyone would pick him up if you dropped him off of your roster. he would be someone to watch vs hold on to if it is a redraft league
Al Del Greco
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby GreenFish » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:41 pm

Al Del Greco wrote:i think nolan has a short leash on barlow. gore could see some carries but i dont think anyone would pick him up if you dropped him off of your roster. he would be someone to watch vs hold on to if it is a redraft league

If Barlow sits, Maurice Hicks could possibly end up getting the nod over Gore. I am not a big Barlow fan and I think it is only a matter of time before Barlow is not the starting RB in SF. That may or may not be this year.
GreenFish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Al Del Greco » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:00 am

there is no way that hicks would start over gore unless gore was hurt. in the last preseason game barlow and gore split carries with the first team. at one point this summer it looked like hicks might get cut. he impressed nolan but not to the point that he would start over barlow or gore.

GO NINERS
Al Del Greco
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby GreenFish » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:10 am

I like Gore. I think he is very promising. But Nolan has shown that he likes experience (Rattay) over potential (Smith) already. Hicks has at least some NFL experience. I personally wish he would just start Gore and Smith now. The team will be lucky to win more than 5 games this year. You might as well throw the rookies in to the mix so that they will be that much more prepared for next year.

Hopefully I am wrong about the Niners this year but I doubt it.
GreenFish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadScott » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:27 pm

If yesterday was any indication, Gore is going to be pushing Barlow sooner rather than later this year. Barlow looked like his tenative, indecisive self yesterday. Though Gore saw limited action, I like what I did see from him.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TruNinerFan » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:23 pm

Pick up Gore. He will be the starter very soon. Barlow sucks and has shown that he is a better backup than starter.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Return to San Francisco 49ers