LT or Clinton??????????? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LT or Clinton???????????

Moderator: Football Moderators

LT or Clinton???????????

Postby Marv » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:30 pm

I have the 3rd pick and am scared of taking Holmes or Faulk due their past injuries. With my luck, I'd draft on of them and they'd get hurt again. I have a feeling Ricky Williams will be gone when I pick(I've also heard that the Miami O line is having troubles too) so I'm thinking of taking LT. He's the focus of the SD offense and Marty plays it close to the vest too. Plus David Boston should help as well. However, :-? I'm intrugued by Portis and his 5.5 average though. But I ask myself if he can do it for 16 games? LT seems more of a workhorse. Any opinions would be appreciated. Plus, is a second round pick too high for Matt Hasselback? Again, can he do it for 16 games? Thanks
Marv
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:37 pm

Your thinking right on LDT but 2nd round is way too early to grab Hasselbeck.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheGZA » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:58 pm

even though the common theme to this year's draft is to assess holmes and faulk as high-risk/high-reward first round picks i have trouble believing even if healthy all season these guys outperform the "safer" (low-risk) picks in LT and ricky. there is still something about portis (maybe not seeing a full season last year) that makes me shy away from him.

2nd round is WAY too early for hasselbeck, but someone will still take him earlier than u think.
TheGZA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby emaja » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:22 pm

Portis. Yes. Take.

Wait for a QB. I always stock up on RB's, then WR's, then bottom feed for a QB and have always had good luck (Trent Gren off waivers last year). I would not take Hasselbeck in the second. Someone else will pick him up and pass on a great WR or solid RB.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby Ousmagic » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:48 pm

LT
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CTC » Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:03 pm

Tomlinson. You know he will have at least 1500 yards. Can you say the same for Portis?

As for Hasselbeck- you better not grab him in the second round. If you really want him, wait until the fourth round (if he's already taken by then, so what? Someone else wasted an early pick, which left better players for you).
CTC
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby yoda83 » Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:43 pm

i think your question is moot. by the time your pick comes around, LT will already be gone. if for whatever reason, he falls to you at #3, grab him (barring injury, of course).
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Homeless » Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:57 pm

yoda83 wrote:i think your question is moot. by the time your pick comes around, LT will already be gone. if for whatever reason, he falls to you at #3, grab him (barring injury, of course).

Agree with yoda, and yes the 2nd rnd is too early to grab hasselbeck.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby tjhksig » Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:15 am

I rank them LT, Ricky, then Portis

In a 10 team league, I wouldn't take Hasselbeck any earlier than round 6, but I have usually gotten him in 9 or higher.
tjhksig
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby number2pencil » Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:29 am

PORTIS! he had more touchdowns than LT in 4 less games. he might be riskay but the upside is insane, i think tomlinsons numbers will get better but so will portis'. He left off last season in an absolute tear so it wasnt like all his big games came in the first 4 games he started. 100 less carries 80 less yards if portis played in 2 of those early games last year all of his numbers except recieving would have crushed tomlinson, you guys are wankstas grow a pair and stop being afraid of takin a gutsy pick. my bold prediction portis is ganna have 2 2000 yards season in his career
number2pencil

Friendliness: %

Next

Return to Football Talk