Ben Watson-sleeper TE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ben Watson-sleeper TE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ben Watson-sleeper TE

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:13 pm

He will be the recieving TE for Tom Brady who likes to look for a TE in the red zone. If you don't have a top TE and have a roster spot, pick him up.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mrpu » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:46 pm

I was just wondering what's the TE situation in NE, I drafted Daniel Graham with the thoughts of a lot of upside but recently I've heard a ton of news about Watson. I guess he's 6'6" with 4.4 speed? I'm a little concered with what I should do. Currently I have Graham and Cooley as my TE's and Watson is avaiable on the WW.
Mrpu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

um

Postby mystykoekaki » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:08 pm

Yeah I also drafted Daniel Graham in a couple of leagues. Do you really think he will translate into a decent FF TE? If so what is your reasoning?
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Azrael » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:34 pm

I'm not sure how much yardage he'll get but he could score quite a few TDs. Graham went off like a house on fire at the beginning of last year catching like 5 TDs in the first 4 games and then not doing crap afterwards.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:48 pm

Azrael wrote:I'm not sure how much yardage he'll get but he could score quite a few TDs. Graham went off like a house on fire at the beginning of last year catching like 5 TDs in the first 4 games and then not doing crap afterwards.

Graham and Fauria combined for 9 TD's and 558 yards. I think Ben is a much better option than either of these 2 and could match the TD totals easily and possibly improve on the yardage if NE's def slips a little due to losing their 2 inside LB's. IF Ben Hits about 10 TD's and 6-800 yards, that's a nice year for a guy who is on most WW's.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Azrael » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:53 pm

Pete123444 wrote:
Azrael wrote:I'm not sure how much yardage he'll get but he could score quite a few TDs. Graham went off like a house on fire at the beginning of last year catching like 5 TDs in the first 4 games and then not doing crap afterwards.

Graham and Fauria combined for 9 TD's and 558 yards. I think Ben is a much better option than either of these 2 and could match the TD totals easily and possibly improve on the yardage if NE's def slips a little due to losing their 2 inside LB's. IF Ben Hits about 10 TD's and 6-800 yards, that's a nice year for a guy who is on most WW's.

He was actually drafted in both of my money leagues and I think your estimate is assuming that Graham wouldn't get any TD looks, which I think he will. Watson may have 4-500yds and 6TDs.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:17 pm

If he gets 400 yards and 6 TD's that would make him worse* as a recieving TE than Graham was last year. I think he will do better as a recieving TE. I think Graham may catch 2 TD's but Ben will get somewhere around 10 this year.

*edit- worse or the same as Graham
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby WatchMeDisappear » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:57 pm

Pete123444 wrote:

Well, im gonna go out on a limb and say Ben WONT have 10 Tds this year. LOL!
WatchMeDisappear
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:01 pm

lol wow that's going out on a limb!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby giants! » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:33 pm

500 yards and 7 td's is optimistic.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk