creating a trade strategy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

creating a trade strategy

Moderator: Football Moderators

creating a trade strategy

Postby RIP HB » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:20 pm

This is my first fantasy season and so far, I've been offered over a dozen trades.
I've posted a ton of messages on these boards asking how this trade looks or that one and you guys have been a ton of help but my question is, what part of a players profile do I need to be paying attention to in order to devise a good trading strategy?
In other words, for example, right now I'm being offered W. Dunn, D. Staley, & H. Ward for E. George and D. Jackson(by the way, whadya think of this trade?).
Now I can look and say that George is better than Dunn but on the other hand Ward is better than Jackson. I would then go with my gut feeling on whether or not I feel this trade is worth doing.
But is there a better way of doing this? In other words, when you guys are offered a trade, do you simply look over a few stats and then go with your gut feeling or do you do something a little more involved before making a decision? If you're offered a player from one position for a player in a different position and you feel they're equally matched, which position do you take priority over? That kind of stuff.
Thanks.

-RIP HB
RIP HB
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jdogg_ffc » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:19 pm

As always post your lineup and ask for advise before trading. Ck. and see what a trade does to your starting lineup cause thats where your points come from. Personaly I'd rather give 3 for 2 or 2 for 1 then get. Usually you can get a stud by trading like that and there's always someone else on waivers I'd like to grab but can't, lineup full.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk