Hesiman Watch - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Hesiman Watch

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hesiman Watch

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:26 pm

Through Week 1 Here is how they stand.

1. Matt Leinart (USC) 18-24 332 yards 3 TD 1 INT; Stock - Same (W Hawaii 63-17)

2. Reggie Bush (USC) 83 yards rushing 2 TD, 58 Rec yd.; Stock - Same (W Hawaii 63-17)

3. Vince Young (TEXAS) 13-17 172 yards, 1 TD; 7 rush 47 yd. 1 TD; Stock - Rising (W La. Lafayette 60-3)

4. Chris Leak (FLORIDA) 26-34 320 yards 3 TD 0 INT; Stock - Rising (W Wyoming 32-14)

5. Adrian Peterson (OKLAHOMA) 22 Rush 63 yards 1 TD; Stock - Falling (L TCU 17-10)

On the Bubble: Omar Jacobs (BOWLING GREEN), Chad Jackson (FLORIDA), Brian Calhoun (WISCONSIN), D.J. Shockley (GEORGIA), Micah Andrews (WAKE FOREST)
BaseballFann0008
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:28 pm

I dont see how Bush doesnt win the Heisman this year. He is flat out the most talented player in college football.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dave416 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:42 pm

How about that Louisville DE with 6 sacks yesterday? I know he won't win it, but I would put him the bubble for kicks. Hey, if he can average that, you have to like his chances. :-b
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby Mustangs989 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:58 pm

Not a bad list but just letting you know once Barclay gets back him and Andrews will likely split carries at WF.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BeefSandwiches » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:40 am

I like Leak's chances in Urban's offense which looks like it was built for him.

I think Leinhart and Bush could both be affected if USC falls short of a NC...just an opinion because expectations are SO high. :-?
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:53 pm

I love how offbase the national media is with so many things because they just don't really look into so many things.

As a Florida fan, I've noticed it immensely recently.

First is of course Chad Jackson. 4 TDs (the real heisman candidate from UF, not Leak), and all of the sudden there's all this talk about where did he come from, aren't the good UF receivers Caldwell and Baker? Everyone down here in Gainesville has known that Jackson is our stud WR, meanwhile Caldwell and Baker get all the national hype even to the point where they were first and 2nd team all-SEC while Jackson was 3rd team. Jackson has been the guy all along.

Second is Leak this week. I can't count the number of other games I watched this week where they mentioned Leak and how impressive he was, of course making the focal point of their praise his statline vs. Wyoming.

Did they see that game? Leak looked below average. Sure, his statline was impressive, but he ran soft and could've easily thrown for 500yds and 6 TDs in that game if he had played merely average. His stats came from big plays by the WR's. Meanwhile, he missed at least 3 or 4 deep balls where the WR was WIDE open (I'm talking 6+ yards of seperation here) and another 3 or 4 where the WR had 2 or 3 steps.

I wonder how many players on other teams around the nation I have a false perception of because the national media hype machine doesn't know what is really going on.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby UtopianHopes » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:41 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I love how offbase the national media is with so many things because they just don't really look into so many things.

As a Florida fan, I've noticed it immensely recently.

Second is Leak this week. I can't count the number of other games I watched this week where they mentioned Leak and how impressive he was, of course making the focal point of their praise his statline vs. Wyoming.

Did they see that game? Leak looked below average. Sure, his statline was impressive, but he ran soft and could've easily thrown for 500yds and 6 TDs in that game if he had played merely average. His stats came from big plays by the WR's. Meanwhile, he missed at least 3 or 4 deep balls where the WR was WIDE open (I'm talking 6+ yards of seperation here) and another 3 or 4 where the WR had 2 or 3 steps.

Had to be a gator fan, to complain when he has the best qb in florida for the time being. Don't know if you saw the fsu-um game, but I am positive both teams would like to have leak.

Free Bagel wrote:I wonder how many players on other teams around the nation I have a false perception of because the national media hype machine doesn't know what is really going on.

Devin Hester overrated as he has poor catching skills and is so awesome that they limit him to nickel back duties. He even speaks to dion sanders and was on espn magazine for potiental hiesman.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PackerAttack84 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:51 pm

I like that I see Calhoun there, he is extremely talented, and is only a junior. He probably won't be in the running at the end, but you might want to watch out for him next year, also.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:48 pm

I know Memphis lost, but I think that DeAngelo Williams still has a shot. I watched him for a little bit when they were playing, and he still looked awesome.

Also, I think that Omar Jacobs, had they not lost, would definitely be top 5. He can flat out play.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Osk » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:03 pm

Maurice Drew (UCLA)

he had over 100 yards rushing (on only 11 touches, I believe), 2 rushing touchdowns, and ran a punt for a touchdown..
Osk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

Next

Return to College Football